imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2010, 03:23 AM

Get the Elite. Or the Slim when that comes out. And try and get a bundle that comes with some games. Trust me. You'll want the hard drive. And good for you for not buying a PS3.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
What does that make me?
A subject of ridicule and possible victim of lynching.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
"GoW" wasn't good? You're the first person I've met who's said that. And judging by the Metacritic score, it seems most people disagree. I've played it in multiplayer and I liked it. Of course, I also plan to get into "Modern Warfare 2" and "Halo 3".

As for "Fable", I'm not at all into RPGs. Though years ago, I did used to play "Black & White" on PC, which was developed by Peter Molyneux (same guy who did the "Fable" games).
Look, Gears of War has a good story, but I started to get so sick and tired of the fucking gray and lack of color in the shots. I know real wars don't take you to exotic places with nice shots of waterfalls, but at least Halo 3 is bright and colorful at some point. The cover system in the first Gears of War needed polishing and better enemies. The second game brought in an even better story, more character development, combat was even better. You felt like you were going from place to place in the second game.

I like to see a game first hand and THEN look at what the masses are conforming to. You have a bunch of guys you dont know that says this game is awesome is like a bunch of pot smokers telling you to get high.

Ok, drug comparison is not the best one. But it's saying that playing baseball is awesome, but you might like soccer better. That's a better comparison.

I watch reviews on gametrailers just to see what others think of a game. Sometimes they leave things out and aren't as nitpicky. And a lot of times, the game developers might or might not have influences ratings to sell their product. In the long run, it's best to trust your gut and your own experience over what other people say.

I lot of people like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I thought it was good, but had many problems, like the story.

Modern Warfare 2, broke records in selling and made hundreds of millions, but I like many people can see that it was the sheer hype that got sales so high, not the story, which you can boil down to something that doesn't make sense at all. It's an action pack ride, but only when you turn off your brain.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
"GoW" wasn't good? You're the first person I've met who's said that. And judging by the Metacritic score, it seems most people disagree. I've played it in multiplayer and I liked it. Of course, I also plan to get into "Modern Warfare 2" and "Halo 3".

As for "Fable", I'm not at all into RPGs. Though years ago, I did used to play "Black & White" on PC, which was developed by Peter Molyneux (same guy who did the "Fable" games).
GoW sucks, as does Halo 3

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
A subject of ridicule and possible victim of lynching.
Let 'em try.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I appreciate the help, guys. I bought an Elite bundled with "Halo 3". And while I was at it, I also picked up "GoW" (it was only $10 bucks).

Now I need to get another controller, and probably a wireless router (I haven't even tried to get onto Xbox Live yet, but that's OK, because I intend to play some single-player first).
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the help, guys. I bought an Elite bundled with "Halo 3". And while I was at it, I also picked up "GoW" (it was only $10 bucks).

Now I need to get another controller, and probably a wireless router (I haven't even tried to get onto Xbox Live yet, but that's OK, because I intend to play some single-player first).
If you get Live, friend me so we can shoot people in the face on Halo 3

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-03-2010, 12:07 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
Hey, I am a tree-hugging, wine-sipping bisexual, but I still like guns. What does that make me?
A walking contradiction.

Seriously, I've mentioned before that I don't really care if you're a pro-gun liberal, as long as you are willing to break with your side when it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I like to see a game first hand and THEN look at what the masses are conforming to.
Trust me, I've played "Gears of War" before, and I know I enjoyed it then.

I've been playing for the past two hours, and I'm still enjoying it. Although I will definitely play some "Halo 3", too (got it with my bundle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
If you get Live, friend me so we can shoot people in the face on Halo 3
Will do, appreciate the offer. But that might not be for a while. Since I can barely use an Xbox controller, I gotta take some time in SP to master the controls first.

Last edited by MT2008; 06-03-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Get Splinter Cell Conviction, Just Cause 2, and Bioshock. Don't get the second Bioshock. It wasn't that good

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Purchase Borderlands, Fallout 3 and Batman: Arkham Asylum.