imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,581
Default

Damn, I didn't realize you had that many 1911s. So you're a .45 guy, eh?
__________________
Cry "Havoc," and let slip the hogs of war.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:49 PM
S&Wshooter's Avatar
S&Wshooter S&Wshooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,934
Default

How does the S&W stack up against the P220?
__________________
Get off of my property


http://www.introvertisland.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
predator20's Avatar
predator20 predator20 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Damn, I didn't realize you had that many 1911s. So you're a .45 guy, eh?
Well I just got the RIA and Springfield. I don't really consider myself a .45 guy. But I do like the round. After shooting hi-cap nines, I realized capacity isn't everything. While I have been buying .45s lately. There are still some 9mm I'd like to get, a P226 and refinish it to match the P220.
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
predator20's Avatar
predator20 predator20 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
How does the S&W stack up against the P220?
Both are good guns and I enjoy them. The 4505 is overall larger than the P220. But it's more slimmer, the P220 is pretty blocky. Neither have really great triggers, but they're decent in single action. The P220 is lighter thanks to the alloy frame, it has more recoil but not all that much more.

The slide to frame fit on my 4505 is pretty loose. You hear a lot of rattle when you shake it. Most S&W autos are probably not like that. The P220 is tight and so is my "rattle trap" Beretta Inox. The blued finish on the S&W is beautiful, sort of a blackish-blue. My P220 was refinished when I bought it, they had a pretty weak finish on them back when mine was made.
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-11-2010, 11:20 PM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Well I just got the RIA and Springfield. I don't really consider myself a .45 guy. But I do like the round. After shooting hi-cap nines, I realized capacity isn't everything. While I have been buying .45s lately. There are still some 9mm I'd like to get, a P226 and refinish it to match the P220.
Ah, you mean one that looks like this:



I want a 226 in this style. Have wanted one ever since I saw "2 Fast 2 Furious" (crappy movie, pretty gun).
__________________
Cry "Havoc," and let slip the hogs of war.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
predator20's Avatar
predator20 predator20 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Ah, you mean one that looks like this:



I want a 226 in this style. Have wanted one ever since I saw "2 Fast 2 Furious" (crappy movie, pretty gun).
Yep. I guess I should have said match my P220. The trigger would have to black though too. http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1131

Have you thought about just refinishing your current P226? But two guns are better than one, even if they are the same gun.

Yeah 2 Fast 2 Furious was crappy I preferred the 3rd one over it.
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 AM
MT2008's Avatar
MT2008 MT2008 is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Yep. I guess I should have said match my P220. The trigger would have to black though too. http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1131

Have you thought about just refinishing your current P226? But two guns are better than one, even if they are the same gun.

Yeah 2 Fast 2 Furious was crappy I preferred the 3rd one over it.
I wouldn't leave the trigger black. I would get the controls nickeled, too (on both guns).

I thought about re-finishing my P226, but doubt I will. There's a part of me that likes plain black. And even if I did get my 226 re-finished, I'm actually not sure whether I'd want it to look like the factory tutone (nickel slide, black frame) or the reverse tutone from "2 Fast 2 Furious". Decisions, decisions...
__________________
Cry "Havoc," and let slip the hogs of war.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 AM
MoviePropMaster2008's Avatar
MoviePropMaster2008 MoviePropMaster2008 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Yes, I was just being lazy. It's made in the Philippines by Armscor. RIA is the import name I guess. They make them in 9mm too. I haven't had any feeding issues with it. But on certain mags it won't lock the slide back on the last round. It's a decent $400 1911, the previous owner changed the GI sights to XS sights. Came with those grips too.
How do you know it was made by Armscor? From what I know, RIA DOES stand for Rock Island Armory. I have pistols marked RIA that are Rock Island Armory (some of which I'm going to photograph soon).
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 AM
funkychinaman's Avatar
funkychinaman funkychinaman is offline
IMFDB & Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
How do you know it was made by Armscor? From what I know, RIA DOES stand for Rock Island Armory. I have pistols marked RIA that are Rock Island Armory (some of which I'm going to photograph soon).
http://www.armscor.net/

which is identical to:

http://www.rockislandarmory.com/

(Unless there's more than one Rock Island Armory.)
__________________
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-14-2010, 04:05 AM
MoviePropMaster2008's Avatar
MoviePropMaster2008 MoviePropMaster2008 is offline
IMFDB Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
http://www.armscor.net/

which is identical to:

http://www.rockislandarmory.com/

(Unless there's more than one Rock Island Armory.)

Yeah, I realized that LATER DOH!!!! For some reason, my BRAIN crossed wires and was thinking SPRINGFIELD ARMORY for some reason .... Oh, that happens sometimes ... LOL!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.