Default Reporting pages

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kel_Tec_PLR-16_Pistol

There was this and another AR pistol type page with no movie/vidgame/tv
Old 05-20-2009, 05:25 PM

heres the other, someone just decided to go make 556 pistol pages with no links

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Bushmaster_Carbon_15
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

The user was Charly Driver, a screencapper on the site with a slight problem using proper English and still learning the ropes, but it could have been worse. At least he uploaded good pictures of the guns and gave information on them. I think they aren't too big of a concern, some movie may use them eventually. Now, when an experimental gun with no screentime ever and for ever is made a page for, that's a problem.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:45 PM

Okay, I just think its weird seeing no links.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well, give it time, eventually someone will use one. I was thinking of uploading some pages for some of the newer guns coming out but I figured I'd just wait and see if it is in movies first. Like the Barret 98 .338 Lapua, I have a feeling that will get some screen time in the future.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

I have spoken about this before with other MODS. I don't like seeing pages of guns that have NOT appeared anywhere.

We are NOT GUN-Pedia, nor should we be. Think about the casual viewer or first time visitor trying to figure out what gun was in what movie. And they end up going to gun pages that have NO credits or places where the gun appears. Won't that look kinda strange? (and also make IMFDB look either sloppy or out of control?)

Of course I am in a conundrum, since I created one page for a gun that I 'think' has been used but don't know where (the Browning Pro-9 pistol page) and the photographs are of BLANK ADAPTED pistols which are already in active inventory in the industry, so the chances of them being seen is far greater than any of the weird obscure experimental guns.

However, I am willing to DELETE my own page, so that I would not be a hypocrite, and just wait to make it when it is seen in either a movie, TV show, Anime, VG,.

I am willing to do this so that we can delete those other gun pages which are done purely because the creator doesn't understand the reason for IMFDB's existence.

thoughts?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

I think your page should stay, since your pictures are always an exception no matter what, and plus we'll be prepared when they finally do appear in movies.

If you took the pictures from guns in the armory, someone is inevitabley going to use it...
Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 PM

Personally if it is in a movie Armorer's inventory then I say keep the weapon page as the weapon is bound to show up someplace sooner or latter. Otherwise I'm of the opinion that if I could play garbage man, I would delete any gun page that does not have a film attached to it. IE, when I see a page with a weapon and no film anime or TV link then 86 the page. That way we clear up server space for weapon that have appeared in films but do not have a page yet. Like the FN Tactical Police Shotgun for instance as seen in the film Miami Vice.