imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-30-2009, 02:02 AM

Default People deleting Info?

Noticed the Tiki-T deleted 3 times now from the CSI:Miami page, how can this be stopped? I guess some wiseass deletes it and the screencaps another member made.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Dont think it can. I've deleted empty pages all the time because I just dont like empty pages with just names of guns. It needs pictures of the gun in question and a screen cap. Otherwise, it's useless.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-30-2009, 05:24 PM

I'm wondering where we get these screencaps. I see caps for movies not even released yet.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Those are bootlegs and everyone here has had a good long talk about not using them here. If they aren't bootlegs, they are screencaps from HD trailers or google images.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So yeah, delete bootleg images cause we don't allow that. HD trailers is allowed and promotional photos.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 PM

I just reverted an Edit that removed a Quote by the Weapon Coordinator from the "Shooter" page. While I do belive that general chit chat about a film belongs on the Talk pages Quotes by People who worked on the various films about individual weapons and how they were used in a specific film do belong in the main Film page.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I see caps for movies not even released yet.
You see 'em, don't hesitate to report it, either to me or any other admin. We delete them on sight if it happens.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 PM

As far as My personal deleating of Information goes I have started Blanking unformatted lists of one or two weapons and asking a Moderator to deleat the whole page. I mean the Silent Hill page was by an anonymous user who only wrote that they thought that such and Such a handgun was used in the film. Total garbage.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
gunknut91

bye the way guys could someone edit the ultimate force page as there is a continuity error as in the last ever episode the american lady pulls out a black berreta 92fs and when she surrenders it is a stainles gun that i couldnt recognise, it may be a taurus, cheers