imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
chuchua

Question "22 Bullets" with Jean Reno

A huge hello to everyone!
I am from germany and a huge fan of Jean Reno. Maybe someone could help me and tell me which gun this is (external link to a picture):
http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2010/0...ster-and-clip/

Thank you all so much and have a nice eve!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

Looks like an airsoft Smith & Wesson 4505. It has the distinctive squared trigger guard seen on the early stainless 4506, when the 4505 was introduced the more rounded trigger guard was in production.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m4505airsoft.jpg (28.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by predator20; 05-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 PM
IMFDB Admin

It appears to be an older generation Smith & Wesson 915 automatic 9mm.

I'm basing this on the simple rear sights, which the similar S&W 5904 doesn't have (they use the standard sights with "ears" or Novaks), and since the trigger guard is squared off, it's likely an earlier gen model.

To note, the image is reversed, as is typical of film posters.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Looks like an airsoft Smith & Wesson 4505. It has the distinctive squared trigger guard seen on the early stainless 4506, when the 4505 was introduced the more rounded trigger guard was in production.
Forget what I said, I think you're right. It looks too big to be a 9mm 915, and it has the indents, but not legit double stack bulges. I focused too much on the sights. Being an airsoft gun would explain that better, plus the image is likely reversed so you can't see the screws on the other side.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Forget what I said, I think you're right. It looks too big to be a 9mm 915, and it has the indents, but not legit double stack bulges. I focused too much on the sights. Being an airsoft gun would explain that better, plus the image is likely reversed so you can't see the screws on the other side.
Well I've only seen those airsoft 4505s with the adjustable sights. (pics on the 'net anyway) Could be they photoshopped a gun together.

Last edited by predator20; 05-04-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:50 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Well I've only seen those airsoft 4505s with the adjustable sights. (pics on the 'net anyway) Could be they photoshopped a gun together.
Well then let's not assume it's an airsoft right off the bat. I imagine it's probably whatever the earlier version of the 4505 is that was sold with standard sights, so it's basically the 915 of the 4505. Gotta break out the catalogs folks!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Well then let's not assume it's an airsoft right off the bat. I imagine it's probably whatever the earlier version of the 4505 is that was sold with standard sights, so it's basically the 915 of the 4505. Gotta break out the catalogs folks!
I have the S&W book. The 4505 was produced for one year 1991. They show them with just the rounded trigger guard. I have no idea when they switched the trigger guard in the 4506 line up, had to have been '91 or before. It could be 645 or 4506 that's been refinished black or colored black for the photo.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I have the S&W book. The 4505 was produced for one year 1991. They show them with just the rounded trigger guard. I have no idea when they switched the trigger guard in the 4506 line up, had to have been '91 or before. It could be 645 or 4506 that's been refinished black or colored black for the photo.
Then at this point it's either one of the earlier 4505's that wasn't fitted with Novak low-sights or the blued equivalent of the 645.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 AM

My money is on it being a shoop with most inspiration coming from an early 4506. The square guard had third gen shaping, the front sight looks more like the dovetailed version than the fixed sight on second gens, and the grips are also not of second generation. Of course the grips are also not of third generation either, because they are shooped on. There would not be a grip screw in the position, and the bordered checkering doesn't make sense for any factory or aftermarket grip that comes to mind short of something obscure or custom. Furthermore, the trigger is too short height wise, there's some weird stamp on the frame which shouldn't be there, there's no markings, and the lighting on it doesn't make sense. The gun is also not necessarily black in finish, it can be a product of the lighting, as the way it gleams is much more like matte stainless, but, again, with photoshop, whatever it was, it isn't now; they could have easily made the gun black during shooping and it's not a light trick.

tl;dr it's a photoshopped first model 4506.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 AM
chuchua

Default Good morning to you all!

Wow, I am impressed. That all sounds very very professional

Seems you are better than the guys from Smith&Wesson. I emailed them for help and got the answer that it isn't a Smith&Wesson, must be another brand.

Thank you very very much for your help!

Have a gorgeous weekend! Marion

Tags
22 bullets, immortal, jean reno, l'immortel