imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
That's weird, a part of me wants to go there just to correct stuff, like capitalizing the "M" in Modern Warfare. That thing is driving me crazy.
modern Warfare

Press quote button, change it, put bold tags around the capital M. You can correct spellings right here and the best part is your IQ doesn't halve every time you hit the submit button like it will on his Wiki.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:36 AM

Get my balaclava, I got vandalizing to do!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:39 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Now now, we're better than this. Like Superman.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Now now, we're better than this. Like Superman.
The (second) most recent edit on there is blatantly wrong. I thought it was someone from here.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 07-15-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:19 AM

has anyone gotten in touch with the siops of the Wiki's hes stealing from and plagerizing their work?

Really with a bit of work Moviemaster1993 can be turned into the pariah that he should be.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
MPM, I know this might be a tedious task, since you have literally hundreds of images from your own armory on this site, but have you ever considered reuploading versions of them with an IMFDB watermark like this one of an M9 pistol?

We considered that before, but it's far too easy for someone to just erase the watermark and steal the image. He'd have to put the watermark over the gun itself, and that would somewhat defeat the purpose of a quality firearm image.

If there's a way to lock the images from being copy and pasted though, that would reduce image jacking. Some could still Print-Scrn it, but most image thieves (such as Moviemaster1993) are not likely that smart or have a large enough attention span to perform such a task.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
We considered that before, but it's far too easy for someone to just erase the watermark and steal the image. He'd have to put the watermark over the gun itself, and that would somewhat defeat the purpose of a quality firearm image.

If there's a way to lock the images from being copy and pasted though, that would reduce image jacking. Some could still Print-Scrn it, but most image thieves (such as Moviemaster1993) are not likely that smart or have a large enough attention span to perform such a task.
In theory, the webmaster can lock out right-clicking across the site.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
has anyone gotten in touch with the siops of the Wiki's hes stealing from and plagerizing their work?
I don't know about Halo, but there's nothing much the Frontlines wiki could object to because their article is just copied from the official weapon descriptions in the game. I think his funniest one is the Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine article, where he's just copied the weapon list from one of the tabletop game's sourcebooks rather than given a list of guns which can actually be confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
In theory, the webmaster can lock out right-clicking across the site.
I've yet to see one of those you can't get around by disabling java (same with those scripts that prevent text highlighting on sites like Snopes), and you can't stop people hitting print screen.

More to the point, he isn't jacking these images to make a wiki, he's doing it because it's against our rules as a childish attempt to annoy us. I don't think even this kid is so colossally dumb he actually thinks he can make a rival IMFDB from a couple of stolen / empty articles, he's just doing the equivalent of crossing the road and pulling faces at the teacher on the last day of term.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 07-15-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
We considered that before, but it's far too easy for someone to just erase the watermark and steal the image.
Like MPM said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
True, but removing it shows clear intent to violate copyright. ANY watermark can be removed with enough skill and time in Photoshop. All we have to do is show the original image WITH the watermark and per DMCA rules, the site must remove it. You can never STOP piracy, but you can take steps to PROVE piracy after the fact.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Does that really work? I know several sites are infamous for watermarking every image they host whether they own it or not.