imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So, back on this thread again.

The more new stuff I am seeing about this game, the more I am hating for its historical inaccuracy. Nevermind "black ops" shit, it's just a simple research could have saved the developers some time, but I guess they wanted to save time, but just stealing the game animations of the SPAS-12, M4, AUG, FAMAS, and MP5K for their game to save time in development and only put new skins on them.

The weapons in this game is lazy as hell. They took the most used guns from Modern Warfare 2 and put them in this game and to bullshit about how guns that shouldn't exist in the time period, they use the WEAK ass excuse of saying "oh, SOG is like the elite of the elite and they can get guns that aren't even invented yet"

Yeah, what a lame half baked excuse to cover the fact that they are lazy.

Sure, I can understand Spec Ops getting weapons that are not commonly known, or in full production or weapons not adopted yet. Like how the SEALs during the first years of the Vietnam war had the G3 in their hands.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM

Why cant they use a walther mpk instead of a mp5k, or a CARL Gustav m45, and why not have a g3 instead of an aug....definitely could have used better choices.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 08-09-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Why cant they use a walther mpk instead of a mp5k, or a CARL Gustav m45, and why not have an FAL instead of an aug....definitely could have used better choices.

Fixed that for you

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

The true Spec Ops during vietnam didnīt used the 5,56x45 in their "clandestine" operations (sorry CoD fanboys, no Aug), they used 12 gauge shotguns (not the Spas 12), 9 mm smgs and Hi-Power pistols (they tried to left minimal evidence of U.S. presence in the area, so they used this cartridge)
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
The true Spec Ops during vietnam didnīt used the 5,56x45 in their "clandestine" operations (sorry CoD fanboys, no Aug), they used 12 gauge shotguns (not the Spas 12), 9 mm smgs and Hi-Power pistols (they tried to left minimal evidence of U.S. presence in the area, so they used this cartridge)
I heard that some Green Berets used to carry captured AK's

Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I heard that some Green Berets used to carry captured AK's
There was a hawaian LURP dressed like a VC with an Ak. Awesome.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Sure, I can understand Spec Ops getting weapons that are not commonly known, or in full production or weapons not adopted yet. Like how the SEALs during the first years of the Vietnam war had the G3 in their hands.

Excaliber it wasn't a G3 that the Navy SEALs were useing it was a Harrison Richards T33 witch was a liscenced version of the Heckler & Kock HK33. There is photographic evidence to prove the HK33 was in Navy SEAL hands. While there is a SEAL who says that they used a G3 there are other statements by SEALs and documents that indicate that they were mistaken.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 PM

The flattop CAR-15 I can deal with because it's at least plausible for the time period (though I would have modeled the upper on the one used on the 656 platform, if it were up to me... heck, I'd love to have the 656 itself in there instead), but the AUGs, MP5Ks, and stuff are just pissing me off.

But, in retrospect, Medal of Honor isn't looking any better with their infinite ammo pistols.

But, oh well. I've decided to get Uncharted 2 since it's struck my fancy and resurrected the Indiana Jones fan in me. CoD4 and MW2 (as well as the other previous gen shooters I have like America's Army and SOCOM) are largely enough for me at the moment.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
I know a man who was a serious spec ops member during Vietnam (and I should mention he is a complete badass with three bullet holes in his neck, and a huge scar over his head from getting agent orange poisoning, which he survived due to sheer badassery) and he carried whatever weapon he wanted. He said he spent most of his time roaming around enemy lines (which he prefered and considered safer than being on the allied battlefront, because then if his team was in trouble they could "run like motherfuckers...") and he said he had at different times carried a prototype Armalite rifle (I can't recall the proper make), a cut down M2 Carbine, a stainless steel Detonics pistol, multiple small caliber pistols (he said he prefered small pistols because they were light and killed well when you got up close and popped them in the head) and in one instance he killed someone using an M79 grenade launcher, in which the round failed to detonate and simply shredded the guy on impact. Even after he left service he smithed several custom guns for his pals still in service. Basically the spec ops guys back then used whatever they wanted.

In the 70s he had a custom Colt Commando made for him, which he still has, which is Israeli made, has a 16" barrel, and a colt scope. Really nice weapon, I got to hold it.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I know a man who was a serious spec ops member during Vietnam (and I should mention he is a complete badass with three bullet holes in his neck, and a huge scar over his head from getting agent orange poisoning, which he survived due to sheer badassery) and he carried whatever weapon he wanted. He said he spent most of his time roaming around enemy lines (which he prefered and considered safer than being on the allied battlefront, because then if his team was in trouble they could "run like motherfuckers...") and he said he had at different times carried a prototype Armalite rifle (I can't recall the proper make), a cut down M2 Carbine, a stainless steel Detonics pistol, multiple small caliber pistols (he said he prefered small pistols because they were light and killed well when you got up close and popped them in the head) and in one instance he killed someone using an M79 grenade launcher, in which the round failed to detonate and simply shredded the guy on impact. Even after he left service he smithed several custom guns for his pals still in service. Basically the spec ops guys back then used whatever they wanted.

In the 70s he had a custom Colt Commando made for him, which he still has, which is Israeli made, has a 16" barrel, and a colt scope. Really nice weapon, I got to hold it.
Full auto? That guy is the most metal person currently walking the Earth, from the looks of it