imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM

Default CZ!

Yep finally have it in my possession, took a few pics but im heading to work and upload takes a while so i'll do it when I get back. Stripped it, cleaned it, and oiled up, then switched grips (didnt dig the plastic, got cool vz g10s on it now.)

Impressions: Feels very solid, feels great in hand and points naturally. Outside finish very even but barrel could use a more detailed finish, it looks out of place compared to shinier or finished barrels. The inside of the frame isnt polished and finished like some higher end guns, but theres no machining or tool marks. Very good all around, good sights that remind me of a beretta and have glow in the dark paint. Mags drop free, seems cz ditched the mag brake on this model.

Trigger pull is heavy and a bit long/rough in DA. Heard it cleans up and a new hammerspring will lighten it and ill eventually try. The SA is good. Long take up but the a light, short crisp release. Can't wait to use it at range.

Thin slide profile makes racking a bit difficult but you only need to do that to load, unlike sig, glock, etc, the slide release is very, very easy to use. I can actually do my reloads like this well instead of slingshotting. the decocker is decent, i prefer sig style but this aint bad. Pics to come.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-29-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
My buddy has a P01 that I had the privilege of operating and shooting and I mostly liked it, but there are some eh things about CZs and CZ patterned guns I find to be generally true.

First off the triggers on them aren't that good, double action is incredibly heavy and the creep to break on single action is pretty big. They can be tuned relatively easily I think, exchanging some springs here and there, and with LOTS of use they will wear in nicely, but as they come they're okay at best.

The slides also have a pretty small gripping surface so they may be a bit harder to charge than other guns, but you'll probably get used to it after a short while.

The other thing that's more odd about them is the decocker, it only drops the hammer to half cock and not all the way down. It can be carried and shot with the hammer all the way down but you have to manually set it there and that's a risky endeavour. It's kinda good because at half cock the trigger doesn't require as much pull but nonetheless it's still kinda weird...

Lastly is the decocker itself. It's in the best possible place I could imagine it, but the way it actually presses, downward in a clockwise motion, is counterintuitive to like every other safety mechanism, though you'll get used to it in a heartbeat. Even so, again, just an odd thing they did.

Of course I do like them and there's plenty good to say about them, odd as they are. They are built like tanks, have good sights, a grip rivaled only by a couple of guns (Hi-Power to name one heheh) and they are relatively slim. I was entertaining the notion of getting a Pre-B (not one of the cheap ones that have just been imported and stamped all over by PW Arms but an older one) but I have more practical things on my list first. I can't say much about your grips as generally I'm frugal with them, since factory ones typically serve practical purposes as well as anything else, but if nothing else they look nice. Enjoy your gun.
I think I'm having Deja Vu.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I think I'm having Deja Vu.
That was a waiting for cz thread, thought new title may announce its here. I have to resize pics and upload soon.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-29-2011, 01:52 AM

Okay ill try some better ones tmrw, thing is it looks different in these pics, its a deep black in real life but looks greyish and splotchy on camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz.jpg (8.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg cz2.jpg (7.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg cz3.jpg (9.2 KB, 17 views)

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

Very nice. I've been meaning to get some VZ grips. How do you like them?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:30 AM

I love them, look cool and feel good, secure grip but not abrasive. A good middle ground (i got "tactical diamonds".)

They are precise, no play when put on, use existig grip screws, and shipping is fast. ordered on i think sunday had them tuesday.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-29-2011, 02:50 AM

Nice! Do you have any mags or ammo yet?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-29-2011, 02:53 AM

got them 2 16 rounders that came with it, 2 18 rounders and will shop or holsters soon,

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 AM

Just for your and anyone's benefit, the general rule with mags is buy factory, Mec-Gar, or well noted MilSurp and nothing else. Factory mags can obviously be trusted, as can Mec-Gars since they pretty much make all factory mags anyway, and in some cases you can trust a military surplus mag if it's got a good enough reputation (Airtronics mags for Beretta M9/92 pistols for example). If its a weird mag with no markings that can be discerned, don't risk it, even if it's 10 bucks, just don't risk it and buy some ammo or something.

Additionally, before you go to a local store to buy them, shop around other stores or even online. Sometimes you can get the same things, factory, Mec-Gar or whatever for less than your local dealer is charging, including shipping charges. Online stores like CTD, CDNN, Midway and auction sites like Gunbroker usually have good deals. CZ factory mags look to be relatively expensive and they aren't as common as some other gun mags so it might be harder to find an insane deal, but it's worth a look.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:56 AM

All are factory and i think mecgar makes it for them.

Grunt, Mass effect 3