imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

If someone is coming at me with a knife or anything that can kill me or seriously hurt me, that guy is going to get shot regardless. Now if I can get away, avoid a fight, of course I won't draw. It depends on the situation. If an intruder enters my house, my gun is coming out and he will be shot dead.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
If an intruder enters my house, my gun is coming out and he will be shot dead.
I don't think a break-in to someone's house necessitates a shoot on sight policy.If that is your stance on it, why not set up some shotguns at all your doors and windows a la Way of the Gun when you go to sleep? If the guy is just some petty thug or crackhead who busted a window, you can draw on him, sure, but I don't think killing him is necessary.

If he threatens you or has a gun himself, by all means, blast away.

Last edited by BeardedHoplite; 01-02-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite View Post
If the guy is just some petty thug or crackhead who busted a window, you can draw on him, sure, but I don't think killing him is necessary.
That does rather violate that rule about never pointing a gun at something unless you're fully prepared to shoot it, though.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I don't think a break-in to someone's house necessitates a shoot on sight policy.If that is your stance on it, why not set up some shotguns at all your doors and windows a la Way of the Gun when you go to sleep? If the guy is just some petty thug or crackhead who busted a window, you can draw on him, sure, but I don't think killing him is necessary.

If he threatens you or has a gun himself, by all means, blast away.
If someone breaks into a house while it is occupied, they probably have absolutely no problem killing the residents.

If someone breaks into my house while I am there, I am going to shoot them until they fall down. If they die because of it, fine by me.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 PM

I had someone walk into my old house since he was given the wrong adress and my house looked like my neighbors house since area was built by same people. You cant just shoot someone, you have to give warning.

I also don't get why so many people say if you pull a gun you are required to shoot it, i know for sure im allowed to just show it and get a threat to rethink their actions.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I had someone walk into my old house since he was given the wrong adress and my house looked like my neighbors house since area was built by same people. You cant just shoot someone, you have to give warning.
Castle doctrine. If a stranger that you weren't expecting is inside your house, you are in the right. Also, HOW did someone just walk into your house? Do you leave your doors unlocked? If it was in the day time, I would still draw on him if I can see that there is no visible weapons, but holy shit, if I am sitting hear typing this post and suddenly someone I don't know appears in my living room....yeah I think my 45 is coming out. I would also have called the cops too by that point and would have held the man at gun point. How do I know if what he says is the truth. That he got the "wrong address". A stranger just shows up INSIDE my house and claims he got the wrong address? Oops?

When I was working in the kitchen at my parent's restaurant out of the blue, some random guy came rushing in from the back. We have apparently forgotten to lock the back door. Now we own this place and I was working for them. I am allowed to carry my gun while working. I wasn't wondering if the guy was armed and reached for my gun cause he's trespassing on us. He was breathing hard and frantic. I didn't know what his intentions were and this was so out of no where, I needed to be prepared. I ended up chasing the guy off without drawing on him and I called the cops to show up because he claimed someone was after him. I asked him to stay outside because I don't know him.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 AM

My old house door was unlocked, it got straightened out, my next door neighbors were having a barbecue and out back cooking so they had told him to just come in.

What im saying is you cant just open fire on someone unless they are a threat. Draw your gun and try and hold them till cops come dont just double tap and claim catle doctrine. I know someone who held a plumber up with a glock 23 cause her sister had called him there (roommates) without telling her. She had the right to hold an unknown up with a gun sure but imagine if internet forum rambo (ive seen a lot on tfl/glocktalk who think you should just go around open carrying and shooting bad guys all day) had gunned down an innocent man for no reason?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-04-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
What im saying is you cant just open fire on someone unless they are a threat. Draw your gun and try and hold them till cops come dont just double tap and claim catle doctrine. I know someone who held a plumber up with a glock 23 cause her sister had called him there (roommates) without telling her. She had the right to hold an unknown up with a gun sure but imagine if internet forum rambo (ive seen a lot on tfl/glocktalk who think you should just go around open carrying and shooting bad guys all day) had gunned down an innocent man for no reason?
This.
I'm all for defending the home, but blasting away when someone sets a toe in your home is waaaaaay too far.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
This.
I'm all for defending the home, but blasting away when someone sets a toe in your home is waaaaaay too far.
"Break in" and "wander in" are two very different things

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-04-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
This.
So you're saying to wait until they get their whole foot inside the home. Gotcha.

David.