imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 02-17-2009, 09:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
The only movie in which I've seen the Desert Eagle with the 10" barrel was "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka" a blackslpoitation film, which has tons of guns, but no one in the know world has seen it, or has a copy of it, or feels the need to screencap it.

Also, come on, that was funny. Not to mention we sort of established that MPM2008 has more guns than all of us, and is most capable of getting them, if not the only capable one, so I was merely stating that openly asking the entirity of the forum in such a nonchalant fashion is quite ridiculous. I could have flamed you out, but I was just being silly, and if you were offended, sorry, but the joke still remains (funny that is).
You're right. I also found the initial "We should get THESE gun pics fellas" comment funny as well. As if 99% of the membership could get pics of any of the requested guns!. But I suppose just throwing it out there reminds the IMFDB membership (I guess, mainly ME ) that we need to get pics of these things. And yes, I found your comment funny, it went over the heads of others.

Have you guys noticed the sheer explosion of request pics? I am filing them away for when I get a chance, but I take the pics when I get the chance. I've already nearly exhausted what's in my own vault (about 350 individual gun images and counting) and are bugging my peers and fellow armorers, which means that I have to catch them when they have the time and inclination to let me photograph their guns.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The post was funny, just not laugh out loud kinda funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Have you guys noticed the sheer explosion of request pics? I am filing them away for when I get a chance, but I take the pics when I get the chance. I've already nearly exhausted what's in my own vault (about 350 individual gun images and counting) and are bugging my peers and fellow armorers, which means that I have to catch them when they have the time and inclination to let me photograph their guns.
And we appreciate the work. Look on the bright side, if you ever get into professional photography for gun rags, your resume needs one word (err, acronym): IMFDB.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 AM

In the 1989 movie, "Slipstream", Mark Hamill used a Desert Eagle with DE wood grips, and a ten inch barrel.

David.