imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default Any pearl handed M1911s in films?

Just photographed and then uploaded this from inventory Could have sworn that some IMFBD pages needed a blued M1911 with Pearl grips. But now I can't find any. Hmmmmmm.

BTW, this gun is not blank adapted (obviously by looking at it). The ejector port would be enlarged and the barrel section in the ejection port area would have machine marks as all lock up protrusions are removed to all for 'straight blowback' of the .45 acp blanks. But it's a beauty and a rare gun so I think I'll wait. ON another note, the finish of the deep blue is so shiny that it's like a black mirror. It was hard to photograph without seeing reflections in the black shiny surface. Not THAT's a high polish!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 PM
IMFDB Admin

It is a very pretty 1911. Usually it's always nickel with pearl grips. That deep bluing looks really good with the pearls. There's got to be film page where it can be shown.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
ON another note, the finish of the deep blue is so shiny that it's like a black mirror. It was hard to photograph without seeing reflections in the black shiny surface. Not THAT's a high polish!
Colt used to have a very shiny finish called black chrome. Back in the 70s, I knew a guy who had a Colt Detective Special that had a black chrome finish. It was a truly gorgeous.

I always loved the old deep, royal blue finish they used to finish pistols and revolvers with. My Commander has a black parkerized finish, which I do like, but sometimes I miss the old bluing they used to use.

David.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

I love the old school look. Not that fond of the modern Tan/Green/grey phosphate tacti-cool with rails, open hammers, etc etc. The guns from these days are pieces of art! I'm particularly not keen on the ascetics of the modern revolvers. Blah!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
I love the old school look. Not that fond of the modern Tan/Green/grey phosphate tacti-cool with rails, open hammers, etc etc. The guns from these days are pieces of art! I'm particularly not keen on the ascetics of the modern revolvers. Blah!
Dude, you're doing a great job with the uploads (you were able to get a Serenity-style MP5K). Keep them coming!!

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 09-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Say, where is your warehouse at? And do you have a security guard at night?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

That is one awesome looking M1911, MoviePropMaster. I'm loving all your other recent uploads too, Keep up the good work. Are some of these actually screen used from the movie like the Punisher shotgun and Battle: LA M16A4? Because they're very convincing.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienqueen11 View Post
That is one awesome looking M1911, MoviePropMaster. I'm loving all your other recent uploads too, Keep up the good work. Are some of these actually screen used from the movie like the Punisher shotgun and Battle: LA M16A4? Because they're very convincing.
Due to time constraints, I'm just grabbing what I can (without getting yelled at ). I grab what looks appropriate, but i don't specifically note something as being screen used unless I know for sure (and was told to my face by the armorer on set). It is frustrating that I have to this photography under less than ideal circumstances and with SERIOUS time constraints. Some eagle eyed members have pointed out that some of the earliest examples of M16s that I pulled from my own inventory and posted as examples of the various models were not correct (i.e. mismatched A2 lowers to A1 uppers, etc.) Though stuff like that happens all the time in films, I now have to go back and make sure that I pull a 100% correct top and bottom matching set to photograph. But it takes alot of effort and time.

So how many of you guys were around way back when the majority of IMFDB's gun photographs were (a) google jacked and (b) Airsoft pics? I remember those days....
Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 PM

That's a very nice M1911.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:

So how many of you guys were around way back when the majority of IMFDB's gun photographs were (a) google jacked and (b) Airsoft pics? I remember those days....
I was, I have been here since the beganing.