imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

They should have firing mode options for guns anyway Rainbow Six or not. I like firing guns on semi-auto, it saves ammo.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:51 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
They should have firing mode options for guns anyway Rainbow Six or not. I like firing guns on semi-auto, it saves ammo.
Well, yeah, but in games, most guns fire slowly enough on full-auto that tapping the trigger quickly to achieve semi-auto fire is easy, unlike real life.

Not to mention that ammo also tends to be much more plentiful in games than it would be in real life. And in games like CS, the game rounds are so short that it's unlikely you'll use up all your ammo before the end anyway.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

But still that's more control to worry about when shooting at another player or AI. I prefer knowing that each time I press down the trigger fully I'll fire only one shot.

And maybe it is just because in RS:V all the guns run empty fast on full auto, but I find I still have a loaded primary gun by the end if I shoot in semi-auto.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:40 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've always been pissed off on COD4 that they didn't fix it so you can switch firing modes. I mean, I wanted to shoot the G3 in full auto in multi player or the MP5 in semi but they don't allow that. I also hope they fixed the damage rate since the M4 sounds like it won't damage you when the M16 fires like it should.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-29-2009, 03:02 PM

As long as they don't make it so semi auto mode is more powerful than full auto. You know, like when you turn a FAMAS to semi and it suddenly sounds twice as loud and takes less shots to kill like in rainbow six.

I want jammable guns. I even remember a part of Vegas2 when terrorists were coplaining about how much their guns keep jamming. I kill them, take there guns, and of course, they work perfectly.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
As long as they don't make it so semi auto mode is more powerful than full auto. You know, like when you turn a FAMAS to semi and it suddenly sounds twice as loud and takes less shots to kill like in rainbow six.

I want jammable guns. I even remember a part of Vegas2 when terrorists were coplaining about how much their guns keep jamming. I kill them, take there guns, and of course, they work perfectly.
Realism is good, and perfectly fine.

However, the day I pick up a action/shooter game and have my gun jam on me is the day I finally break a game. It would be cool to see, but even with the advances in technology and game programming nowadays, it's impossible to eliminate or even completely suppress glitches, and I'd hate knowing that I just wasted precious time on a level because the game decided, either inadvertently or purposefully, that it was time for my Beretta to stovepipe or for a dud round to be chambered.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Im also hoping weapon daage is more realistic, the "Its a sniper rifle it must be powerful" logic kills me. A .308 m40a1 drops people in one shot but a FAL needs a 6 round burst?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

If I ever make a video game I'll remember your requests.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:59 AM

Jamming guns would definitely great, but it should be an option you can turn on and off.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-30-2009, 02:01 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Then you should play "America's Army". In that game, the M16-series weapons jam (or at least they did, when I used to play it, but I haven't touched the game in about 4 years now).