imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
The video caption says they used an SWD M11/9 as the base gun, but I admit, those mags don't look very MAC-ish.
Even further down the description it says it uses Finnish Magazines. What I want to see is the rifle from Starship Troopers.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The longer one with the shotgun or the carbine?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 AM

Here you go guys: http://cbrps.com/Products.html

guns of the future for the man of the present...if the guns weren't completely rediculous

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Looks cool to me. But I would never want a futuristic revolver like the one in Avatar. I would like one that looks different than current revolver, yet maintaining the classic revolver feel and look like the one I posted up first

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-08-2010, 08:25 PM

That first one looks crazy.
I'd take a pair of FN Barracudas any day. Man I want one of those.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 AM

I've got your damned future revolver right here:

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Ugh. In 1998 I was in the U.S. Army. My ETS was 02/14/2000 (Valentine's Day). I was stationed at Ft. Drum, New York. My unit was A Company, 110th Military Intelligence Battalion, 10th Mountain Division. The 10th Mountain Division was part of the 18th Airborne Corp which meant it was one of the Rapid Deployment divisions. Something about going anywhere in the world within 72 hours I believe was the standard. Of course it was the late nineties and everybody figured it would be somewhere in the Middle East. We just never counted on a 9/11 as the precipitating event. Anyway.

As a result we were one of the first units in the Army to get the then brand new M4 carbine. At the time we were told all about the modular concept with flashlights and optical scopes etc. It was very impressive sounding.

Of course the only soldiers who were getting all the gee whiz stuff at that time were the airborne infantry boys in the Division's recon element known as L.R.S.D. (Long Range Surveillence Detachment). That too was S.O.P. back then.

We were expected to make do with the low tech iron sights. But it was an interesting concept. Now twelve years later it's staggering to see the what has happened.You've got regular line troops and support troops using equipment that was strictly Special Forces territory twelve and fifteen years ago. And I'm talking about everything from rifles to boots and ways to carry personal equipment. It really took off after 9/11 and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Which isn't suprising. Historically wars have a way of accelerating things in Armies. Just look at what happened between 1939 and 1945.

Technology helps to improve performance. Tools. Nothing wrong with that. I for one think MRI technology and GPS (for example) are great. But what also happens is people become enamored with the latest and greatest and you end up with "improvements" when it might not really be necessary. Things get gooped up because it's trendy. I guess what happens is our consumer oriented economy (which I am not against by the way) become all about the trees and loses sight of the forest.

Like that revolver. Ugh.

Last edited by Jcordell; 05-10-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
Ugh. In 1998 I was in the U.S. Army. My ETS was 02/14/2000 (Valentine's Day). I was stationed at Ft. Drum, New York. My unit was A Company, 110th Military Intelligence Battalion, 10th Mountain Division. The 10th Mountain Division was part of the 18th Airborne Corp which meant it was one of the Rapid Deployment divisions. Something about going anywhere in the world within 72 hours I believe was the standard. Of course it was the late nineties and everybody figured it would be somewhere in the Middle East. We just never counted on a 9/11 as the precipitating event. Anyway.

As a result we were one of the first units in the Army to get the then brand new M4 carbine. At the time we were told all about the modular concept with flashlights and optical scopes etc. It was very impressive sounding.

Of course the only soldiers who were getting all the gee whiz stuff at that time were the airborne infantry boys in the Division's recon element known as L.R.S.D. (Long Range Surveillence Detachment). That too was S.O.P. back then.

We were expected to make do with the low tech iron sights. But it was an interesting concept. Now twelve years later it's staggering to see the what has happened.You've got regular line troops and support troops using equipment that was strictly Special Forces territory twelve and fifteen years ago. And I'm talking about everything from rifles to boots and ways to carry personal equipment. It really took off after 9/11 and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Which isn't suprising. Historically wars have a way of accelerating things in Armies. Just look at what happened between 1939 and 1945.

Technology helps to improve performance. Tools. Nothing wrong with that. I for one think MRI technology and GPS (for example) are great. But what also happens is people become enamored with the latest and greatest and you end up with "improvements" when it might not really be necessary. Things get gooped up because it's trendy. I guess what happens is our consumer oriented economy (which I am not against by the way) become all about the trees and loses sight of the forest.

Like that revolver. Ugh.
That cool, but...how does all that relate to the funny Mall Ninja revolver above?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 PM

I think he was refering to all the stuff that's on it.

That said, if a light is useful on an automatic why wouldn't it be useful on a revolver? I don't really agree with the red dot, but a light I can see.

My problem with all this technology, and I agree that it's a good thing, is when people use it and forget the basics. Troops spend so much time navigating with the GPS they forget how to use a map and compass.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Youre right Nyles. Sorry, didn't make myself real clear.