imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Shoot'em up

If you get to have any gun and shoot up a building for training purposes, what kind of building would you shoot up? And I mean, get to blow open doors, break windows, shoot up walls, etc.

Like a small apartment? Skyscraper office building? A basement?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-15-2010, 05:18 AM

A bank. Ive always wanted to do a bank. Like a full office type of bank. With counters and office cubicles and lots of hallways you see in movies. I'd have to use a MP5 for this. I hate using carbines in CQB. Oh and I'd use more flashbangs then necessary. On my MP5 I'd have a folding stock, the flashlight frontguard, a EOtech sight and double magazines. I wouldnt have a silencer cause I want the bad guys to know I'm coming for them with more equipment than required. And all the bad guys have got to have Ak's and wear bandannas.
This is how I'd look. or I could skip the guns entirely and look like this guy. Shanking people is fun.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm pretty sure that if you were training for a scenario where you had to breach and clear a building, trying to "shoot 'em up" is precisely what you would NOT be doing. Maybe you're just describing it the wrong way, but shooting at walls doesn't sound remotely disciplined or controlled. I can't imagine anyone trains that way. This is real life, not the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
A bank. Ive always wanted to do a bank. Like a full office type of bank. With counters and office cubicles and lots of hallways you see in movies. I'd have to use a MP5 for this. I hate using carbines in CQB. Oh and I'd use more flashbangs then necessary. On my MP5 I'd have a folding stock, the flashlight frontguard, a EOtech sight and double magazines. I wouldnt have a silencer cause I want the bad guys to know I'm coming for them with more equipment than required. And all the bad guys have got to have Ak's and wear bandannas.
Sounds like you really are thinking about this too much as if you were making an action movie. If that's what you want, well and done. But in real life, most tactical teams would prefer NOT to have to clear a bank. It's way harder to do surprise entry in banks than almost anywhere else.

Last edited by MT2008; 01-15-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Sounds like you really are thinking about this too much as if you were making an action movie. If that's what you want, well and done. But in real life, most tactical teams would prefer NOT to have to clear a bank. It's way harder to do surprise entry in banks than almost anywhere else.
But thats the whole point of this isnt it? Besides if something like this really happened, they'd probably launch teargas through the windows. This is just for fun man.