imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
The problem with that is it is incredibly hard to scale something like that correctly. Just look at the picture of the PS G36 above where the Aimpoint is way too small.
Im not an expert in PS but what about applying custom finishes as some pages need those types of images as well (i.e a HK UMP with tan furniture for the "White House Down" page).
Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ice View Post
Im not an expert in PS but what about applying custom finishes as some pages need those types of images as well (i.e a HK UMP with tan furniture for the "White House Down" page).
Just saying in case anyone tries to do it, it isn't a UMP but a B&T APC9.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 PM

I have a new gun for you to 'Shop.

It's a MAC/Glock hybrid with a folding stock. I've seen a few real ones floating around.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
I have a new gun for you to 'Shop.

It's a MAC/Glock hybrid with a folding stock. I've seen a few real ones floating around.
Interesting design. And more than a little ugly, but that's just my opinion!

The MAC-10 upper and Glock 17 frame were taken from IMFDB, while the stock and rail came from here. Relatively simple meshing of parts; the hardest part is just airbrushing out the original MAC-10 stock because it intersects the rear sight at one point. Then I just combine the bits and use Hue & Saturation to change their color tones to match a bit better. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I uploaded that I noticed that I forgot to do the sights up!

My next project of sorts will be trying to make some of the odder custom guns from video games.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 AM

This is a modification I had been wanting to try out for a while: cutting the exposed barrel entirely from a P38. To replace the missing sight, I used a modified Colt Anaconda sight (red insert removed and shape changed slightly) recolored to better match the pistol. I also obliterated the markings. Without the extended barrel, it kinda gives the impression of a lost Beretta concept.

Image source from here.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 AM

I made a selection of guns in a short time span for Nation States. Along with the cut down P38, there's a few (all made from IMFDB or Wikipedia source images) that I added.

P99 slide mated to a P88 frame. Upon suddenly realizing after posting that it had a swapped ejection port, I quickly bullshitted a story about it being a gun with ambidextrous controls made for a left-handed major general.

A modification to my first SMG design with a G36 stock to make it more practical.

A big mish-mash of parts. G36 as a base with a telescopic stock and magazine taken from a custom AK (I believe the one in the Modern Warfare 2 article) and a red dot sight on what remains of the rear of the carry handle/optics.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 PM

A big variety of new guns. All source images are IMFDB.

HK21E modified with the entire front half and barrel of an M249 Para (stretched out to mimic the HK21E's length) and a Mk. 48 Mod 1 stock.

A very simple job: M240D with the barrel, front sight, and gas tube from a PKM shortened and widened to resemble a compact .50 caliber weapon.

A more complex job. Base is an StG-57 with the magazine from an M14, an MP5A2 stock, an FAL handguard with the vent holes removed to resemble indentations, an M14 flash hider, and optionally the scope off a Steyr Scout image.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 PM

Too many images for the previous post.

Remington 870 with the forend of a Benelli M3 and the stock of a Franchi PA8. The hardest part of this one was finding a stock that actually fit the curve of the receiver.

A Grendel SRT with a Remington PSS 700 stock replacing everything from the grip and back.