imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-18-2011, 04:26 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default I got a shotgun

Alright everyone. New to my collection is a custom shotgun I got from a friend. It's a Mossberg 590. I'll ask him about what he's done with it but it's pretty sweet and he sold it to me much cheaper than it is worth. With the barrel, muzzle choke, side saddle, trigger, enlarged safety and front sight, it should be worth about 800. I got it for 500.

Photos will be posted her tomorrow

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-18-2011, 04:34 AM

Whoa, that seems like a lot of money for any 590. I need a list of all the accessories with their exact names to see why this thing is worth/costs so much.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It's just a 5+1 shot for now. I'm going to added a stock and most likely change the muzzle break so I can attached a longer tube.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 06-18-2011, 07:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 PM
IMFDB Admin

Nice, I would definitely go to a full stock.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:43 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Nice, I would definitely go to a full stock.
I'd put an M4-collapsing stock on it, and replace the Tommy-gun foregrip with a light-dedicated forend to get rid of that out-of-place light loaded into the side saddle.

Otherwise, beautiful gun. $800 sounds really expensive for a 590, even one that's so kitted out. I guess $500 is reasonable, but as YNH said, I'd add up the price of each mod and see if that adds up with the stock price accordingly.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 AM

After watching Nutnfancy's review on the Blackhawk collapsible stock, I don't feel confident with it, nor did I beforehand. A collapsing stock on something as hard kicking as a 12 Gauge shotgun sounds like a bad idea, and for the Mossberg's safety placement, it's also counter-intuitive, as now the safety on the rear of the receiver is that much harder to reach with a lower grip and a stock in between the hand and the safety. I find that pistol grip stocks handle and feel better, but Mossberg has sort of dug its own grave with that particular battery of arms. A standard Mossberg semipistolgrip stock, I think, works best with all things considered.

Nutnfancy's review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I41htjbudh4
Old 06-19-2011, 01:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
After watching Nutnfancy's review on the Blackhawk collapsible stock, I don't feel confident with it, nor did I beforehand. A collapsing stock on something as hard kicking as a 12 Gauge shotgun sounds like a bad idea, and for the Mossberg's safety placement, it's also counter-intuitive, as now the safety on the rear of the receiver is that much harder to reach with a lower grip and a stock in between the hand and the safety. I find that pistol grip stocks handle and feel better, but Mossberg has sort of dug its own grave with that particular battery of arms. A standard Mossberg semipistolgrip stock, I think, works best with all things considered.

Nutnfancy's review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I41htjbudh4
Sootch who's a Nutn fanboy likes it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYg9...eature=related But it was given to him, so take it how you want to.

I would trust Safe Arms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhz6h...eature=related

Whether it works or not, I think an M4 style stock looks fugly on anything unless it's an AR.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

I do plan to get rid of the light or at least move it so I can mount it forward. When I turn it on, it's off center obviously.

And I like M4 style stocks on a shotgun. I've seen other reviews of the Blawkhawk recoil compensation type and they seem ok with it. So to each his own.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:53 PM

I hate the standard 6 position m4 style stock on everything...even m4s. A magpul or Vltor type has superior cheek weld and same function. but ive heard those blackhawks do suck, they just look cool i guess...

Grunt, Mass effect 3