imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM

Any good stories of famous actors we may know doing something stupid with movie guns?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun View Post
They should not be given a free pass like spoiled children.
Welcome to Hollywood.

Sorry to hear about the gun, MPM. It makes me hate those fuckers even more (even though I love movies).
Old 05-12-2009, 03:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Welcome to Hollywood.

Sorry to hear about the gun, MPM. It makes me hate those fuckers even more (even though I love movies).
Well remember that scene in Rambo:_First_Blood_Part_II where Rambo fires off his M60E3 at the Command Center and then fires off into the ceiling until he is empty and then THROWS the gun onto the table?? Well Stallone ad libbed that scene. He wasn't supposed to throw the gun, and if he did, they had replica/stunt weapons for him to toss, not an expensive Pre-86 transferable Class III firearm. But he improvised and thought that THROWING the gun onto the table was 'cool'. Syd told me how pissed he was when that happened. hahahaha.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkoTanko View Post
Something tells me this wasn't the first time it happened. I would expect bit more professional manner from actors when handling props for their roles, be it gun, suit or a pen. But actors can be really childish at times, be it Hollywood megastars or amateurs in their schoolmate's art project.
I've seen a lot of behind the scenes on how actors like to fuck around when they are in costume and mess around with their props, be it anything. What we don't see on special features of DVDs is when actors really do fuck shit up. And actors are too busy trying to get a good glamor shot than worry about their "props", I mean look at Christan Bale, the DP walks in front of the camera and he flips out. Most actors are just either real assholes or too scared of their own fans.

But there are some exceptions to actors who use guns on set and treat them with respect, go through the harsh training of learning how to use a gun and appreciating it, but those actors are rare to find.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-12-2009, 02:13 PM

Who are the best actors with guns, and who are the worst?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 PM

Aw, man, what a tragedy...

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I've seen a lot of behind the scenes on how actors like to fuck around when they are in costume and mess around with their props, be it anything. What we don't see on special features of DVDs is when actors really do fuck shit up. And actors are too busy trying to get a good glamor shot than worry about their "props", I mean look at Christan Bale, the DP walks in front of the camera and he flips out. Most actors are just either real assholes or too scared of their own fans.

But there are some exceptions to actors who use guns on set and treat them with respect, go through the harsh training of learning how to use a gun and appreciating it, but those actors are rare to find.
Bale-out was very very tame compared to the fits Klaus Kinski had. For example, during shooting Aguirre, he once got irritated by extras making noise in their tent while he tried to sleep, so he grabbed a rifle and fired three fucking rounds into the tent blindly. Luckily, only one person was hit, top of his finger came off. Kinski also nearly splitted fellow actor's head with a sword while filming, only his helmet saved his life.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Who are the best actors with guns, and who are the worst?
Ones that come to my mind about actors having actual skills with firearms (I'd like to point out I am no expert in this matter): Thomas Jane, Mark Wahlberg, Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt and Kevin Costner to some extent.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'd say only Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner, and Bruce Willis deserve the mentions, as they actually still use firearms training they recieved in the past and continued to use it in other films. Thomas Jane still has yet to prove himself after learning so much for his training in The Punisher. Mark Wahlberg doesn't handle guns well. Look at Max Payne, he learned so much for Shooter and didn't use any of it. I think he is against guns too, so I don't like him.

Last edited by Gunmaster45; 05-14-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I think the actors of the Stargate TV series might be trusting to handing guns with in the later seasons. The actors doing the movie Miami Vice, SWAT, The Kingdom showed the actors doing some extensive training. Tom Hanks did a lot of real training during Saving Private Ryan.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”