imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 06-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
...what YNH said. I had a Taurus PT92 that was 20 years old and functioned flawlessly, even with reloaded ammo. I'm curious to know how many people you've talked to that hate Berettas.
About 15-16, which is exactly the number of sevicemen I've talked to about it

Quote:
I should point that one of its competitors was S&W's modified 459
The only reason they didn't pick it that I can see is that it doesn't do well in water

We should have went with the SIG though

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-19-2010, 03:27 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
About 15-16, which is exactly the number of sevicemen I've talked to about it
I find that unusual, considering how few servicemen actually carry sidearms anymore. I know plenty of soldiers (and former soldiers), and all of them got through their deployments without ever carrying the M9. Their only M9 experience was from training and qualification.

I've read countless complaints about the Beretta on the Internet from people who have served (or claim to have served), but 99% of them seem to be about caliber, nothing else. Every once in a while I encounter someone who brings up the slide fracturing problem, but I tend to think they're just echoing what they've read elsewhere - because they don't seem to be aware that this problem (to the extent that it was ever serious) was fixed 20 years ago.

Quote:
We should have went with the SIG though
The SIG had issues of its own at the time (breaking trigger bar springs that sometimes damaged the frame, barrel bending, extractor problems, etc.). I love SIGs, but given that the design was still being perfected at the time of the XM9 trials, I think the Beretta made more sense. In fact, if the P226 had become the M9, I'm guessing that it would have just as bad a rep as the 92F by now.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
It's still a nice looking gun. I probably would buy one if it weren't for the whole "too fragile for the Navy SEALs" and "everyone I know who owns/had to carry one hates it"
I own two, a former police issue 92F and 92FS Inox. Beretta's like any other gun have their haters and lovers. Glocks might have the best records as being tough as nails. But they are the ugliest f*cking gun alive to me. I'll never own one. Also I'm not against "tupperware" guns. I have been looking at XDs pretty hard. But there's a SIG P220 on GB that's caught my eye.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I own two, a former police issue 92F and 92FS Inox. Beretta's like any other gun have their haters and lovers. Glocks might have the best records as being tough as nails. But they are the ugliest f*cking gun alive to me. I'll never own one. Also I'm not against "tupperware" guns. I have been looking at XDs pretty hard. But there's a SIG P220 on GB that's caught my eye.
Glocks, SIGS and XD's are all good guns, but S&W's have always been my favorite

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-19-2010, 05:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Glocks, SIGS and XD's are all good guns, but S&W's have always been my favorite
Hence your user name. I am thinking about geting a S&W M&P in .45

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 PM

Never liked the plastic guns but the M&P grip is actually very comfy, and interests me. Its not like the ergonomic nightmare called the glock
Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mercenary View Post
Ive not been on here for a while but heres my point, why did'nt the armourers of movies like TS not chop up a few different guns and try to create something thats both futuristic and can knock the hell out of a 6ft-8ft cyborg? I mean why could'nt they chop 40-50 inches off a barrel of a M82 Barrett, fair enough its a killer to shoot in the real world but in a movie against a T600 it would be cool. Its just a thought, may be we may see something like this if theres a sequel to either TS or Predators?
Or they could just slap on some .50 cal beowulf uppers on all their AR-15 based weapons, thats made to pierce intermediate armor and bulletproof glass.