imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 PM

My favorite teacher in high school was only on his second or third year of teaching grade 12 history and he was amazing - very knowledgeable, we spent something like a month on the French revolution and Napoleon. Ironically I had his dad as a professor in my last year of university, and he was kind of an asshole.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM

The only thing i don't like about my History Teacher is that he doesn't understand about Military Weapons and Uniforms. Last time he teached my class he said that the Helmet of the US armed forces had integrated radios.
He does know all about the Economic stuff about most Armed Forces.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I had a first year teacher end up being one of my favorites, dont droip your hopes already.,
But we had "test" classes this year with all of the candidates to see who would get the job best, and they ALL sucked.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:36 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
The only thing i don't like about my History Teacher is that he doesn't understand about Military Weapons and Uniforms. Last time he teached my class he said that the Helmet of the US armed forces had integrated radios.
He does know all about the Economic stuff about most Armed Forces.
Uh, don't you think that's kind of a ridiculous expectation?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 AM

Yeah man, they teach history, not military history, just history. My teacher was pretty cool, but whenever we would talk about war or combat in WWII on the Russian front, he'd always say "the Russian version of the Thompson Submachinegun" as opposed to "PPSh". I would say something like "it was called a PPSh and wasn't very much like a Thompson, but that's just the weapon system and doesn't have much to do with the lesson, so continue." They're not there to teach you about guns and uniforms, you're supposed to learn about everything else, really.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

And if you are in American, a lot of school teachers can sometimes be TOO sensitive to information that kids know. If you happen to know X amount of things about firearms and say it in school, some might even start asking, how do you know all this? But it's not a question to compliment your knowledge, it's an accusing question, as if only psycho killers know more about guns and knives. I went through a phase in high school where I like drawing sword and dagger designs and symbols on them. Why? Because I had a great deal of interests and knowledge at the time about swords and other weapons of that type. I got called into the counselor's office to "discuss" about it. After that, I kept an eye out and keep my hobbies that might be "suspicious" to some people in school.

People can be overly sensitive sometimes and in the cast of the society of school, all the time.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

We can thank Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, and Seung-hui Cho for people being overly sensitive these days.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Those among the most famous school shooters. Did you know before them and after them and inbetween them were dozens of other school shootings throughout the US, but barely any of them get reported. It takes particular ones like these 3 that gets the attention of the media whores that just eats it up and shit it out for the general public.

My joke on this was, see what happens when you don't allow guns in school, psychos like these 3 idiots get to have a fish in the barrel moment with their classmates. My High School had 2 on duty police officers all the time, so that might prevent incident, but it's the fact that the media uses these incidents to really try to put on negative pressure in even thinking about firearms.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 AM

I had cops at mine too, but they got reported because they were "record breakers" in a sense that they killed more people. It's not as "sensational" if they student doesn't do a "lot" of damage. I hate the news.

Some kid Asa Coon, though, went to school with two .22 Revolvers and wounded four people. That's right, wounded, no kills, save for himself. No one talks about that one though.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 PM

How about that kid with the flamethrower and lance?