imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-21-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
That would be rather odd, because the Bren 10s used in "Miami Vice" didn't fire 10mm blanks. The guns you see Don Johnson using were actually built specially for the show and were re-chambered to fire .45 ACP blanks. Or at least, that's what I've read.

I've heard the same thing, actually. .45 ACP was a much more readily available caliber for blanks. I'm not sure it would matter even if the gun used 10mm blanks, anyway...
There was a controversy when the show came out due to the Bren 10. There were people who had paid for the pistol, and were waiting for it to be delivered. Then there were people who had received there pistols, but had no magazines for it. The owner of the company said that he built them in his spare time, and that excuse pleased absolutely nobody! The owner also said that the pistols (there were more than one) were built from defective parts, and so could not use real ammunition.

David.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:51 AM

Ouch, that is not a solid business practice.
Not surprising however that the demand for it exceeded its production capacity, people love using things they've seen on TV. Hence Agent Smith and the Desert Eagle craze.