imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingJames View Post
Well I'm not a bullshitter. Jeez man, chill out.

I'm not sure where you fostered this attitude, but in this case it happens to be a reseller, not a manufacturer, making the claim.

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/

Scroll down, you'll see what I'm talking about.

That rifle IS an airsoft gun. It's a UTG.

I used to work a lot with maxsell armory in florida, and they provided guns to several movies including the most recent Shaft film.

I don't just pull nonsense out of thin air ya know.
I'm totally chill. You don't seem to be, however. I also didn't call you a bullshitter, but I am saying that you are buying into someone else's bullshit.

Airsoft manufacturers and retailers are both notorious for BS. Not that there aren't instances of airsoft guns being used in movies (I've spotted plenty of obvious examples myself), but I'm familiar enough with the airsoft community to know how much people lie to (A.) sell their products, or (B.) convince themselves that they have the same prop that was used in their favorite action movie. I remember seeing a guy on "Airsoft Retreat" who claimed that his uncle was a "grip" on the movie "Tears of the Sun", and that all of the M4s in that movie (which he mistakenly called SR16s) were airsoft. And this was one of the site's senior members!

That's just the way things are. So, until I see definitive proof, I am inclined to take their claims with a very large grain of salt.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:32 PM

I added a new category for unknown weaponry.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Category:Unknown_Weapon
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 PM

Location: west of NY, east of Cali, south of Canada, north of Mexico

Interesting stuff on that unknown page.

MT, I'm just trying to help you guys ID a rifle. You can piss on the information if you want, but that's not going to help the site be a better resource.

I still don't see how some guy on some airsoft forum equates to all airsoft companies being notorious bullshitters, but to be frank about it, I don't really care.

I've had very good experiences working with airsoft and PFC resellers, and have ordered directly from a few companies in Japan and those were good experiences too.

Specifically, this rifle in vantage point. I don't think it's a real steyr. The details match the UTG airsoft rifle, not the SSG, SL, or L lines. But that doesn't mean someone else can't go do what I did, which was to visit the steyr website, and do a google image search for both steyr rifle, and for UTG airsoft rifles and compare them.

http://www.steyrpro.com/

http://www.airgundepot.com/utg-airsoft-guns.html
Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM

Location: west of NY, east of Cali, south of Canada, north of Mexico

I just surfed over to the page. That's not a 700. It's a steyr style action.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
MT, I'm just trying to help you guys ID a rifle. You can piss on the information if you want, but that's not going to help the site be a better resource.
"Piss on the information"? Bro, I think you need to take your own advice and chill the fuck out. You're taking this way too personally. Yeah, I'm skeptical of the info you provided, and I expressed my reasons for being skeptical. That's hardly "pissing" on it, and I don't see why the hell you'd get so offended. Unless you represent this particular retailer?

Personally, I'm far more inclined to trust the professional armorers on this site, because they're people who actually supply guns to Hollywood and they know how the biz works. The same does not apply to the typical airsoft fan or retailer.

Quote:
I still don't see how some guy on some airsoft forum equates to all airsoft companies being notorious bullshitters, but to be frank about it, I don't really care.
That was one example. I can think of countless other examples of kids on airsoft message boards who claimed that they had proof that there was an airsoft gun in some movie (like one guy who said there was an airsoft G36C in "Bad Boys II", and another who claimed that "Heat" was all airsoft guns). Remember, I own airsoft guns and used to be into airsoft myself, so I know the community.

Unfortunately, the reality is that most airsoft fans are kids who have never touched a real gun in their lives. And retailers, likewise, are often people who have something to gain by claiming that they supplied guns to this or that movie. That is my experience, and I reserve the right to be skeptical having had those experiences.

Last edited by MT2008; 08-31-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I just surfed over to the page. That's not a 700. It's a steyr style action.
The person who made that page did an iffy job, I caught plenty of other guns and so on. I've just been really busy lately and haven't worked on the computer in weeks.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Default Halp!

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Grand...ble_Content.29

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Image...GT-unknown.jpg

Weird looking thing. It looks like a typical auto shotgun, but I can't really pin it down, and to top it off Rockstar have seen fit to have it eject brass rather than shotgun shells.

Sorry guys, found it elsewhere.. http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/AA-12...29#Video_Games

Last edited by joffeloff; 09-01-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Yeah, that's an AA 12, weird that they made it semi-auto in the game though since it's designed to be a full auto shotgun. And it doesn't shoot brass. That's the shells. The blur shot angle made it look like brass.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-01-2009, 07:49 PM

Oh I just assumed it was semiauto. There's only been a trailer so far, who knows if it's semi or full in the game. I'll change that.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I question whether this pistol is Mathilda's 1911
Wow, this one has finally been Identified as a Llama M-82 by "Rob the Fiend"