imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 05-08-2009, 01:09 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well bullpup has the same barrel length as a full length assault rifle, so range isn't the problem. Most people just have problems with how to reload.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-08-2009, 02:47 AM

And awful trigger pulls.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
That's a common misconception. I talked to a Brit who corrected me on this issue, since 9/11, police in the UK use guns. There was a time when they couldn't though.
I re-affirm what GM45 wrote here.
Ah yes, those poor UNARMED British Police. Walking around with those airsoft guns!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'd love to patrol around with MP5s

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Location: west of NY, east of Cali, south of Canada, north of Mexico

Quote:
Ah yes, those poor UNARMED British Police.
They HATE every single second of it though.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
All my friends in the miulitary have pistols, just standard berettas. Where are you getting this "most troops dont carry pistols cause theyll think your an officer" crap?

Pistols also are a defensive weapon, there used to get you to a better weapon if something happens to your primary. Nobody will take on a squad of trops with a handgun. As for SMGs, usually only special ops use them due to them being easier to silence
Most troops aren't issue a pistol. It isn't my opinion it is a fact. Period. If you don't believe me go to any military board and ask. Pistols aren't priority in the military.

You can go to militaryvideos.net and check out todays pics threads. You will notice that most military personnel does not carry a pistol.

I'm sure that most operators has move away from SMG since the mid 1990s. There might be elements in the US military that are trained in the use of SMG but those are rare case.

BTW SMGLEE got a chance to take pictures inside SEAL ARMORY. They did have MP5SD but he pointed out that SEAL aren't trained to use it.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...d.php?t=140311

While I'm not an expert of UK police armament. From what I understand in order for an UK police to be armed he/she has to be trained and in a special unit. Someone has posted on another forum that the MP5 that most polices carry are semi-auto version.

Last edited by jdun; 05-08-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 PM

the first couple times I flew to Europe they had men armed with SMG's walking the airports in both Madrid and Manchester. Basically they were a deturant to anyone starting anything hostile in the airports which are normally very easy targets from a security standpoint.

Last time I was in England the only time I saw armed British Police/Soldiers was when I was around any of the Royal Residences. Many years back I had a relative on active duty in London. What they were doing not only in london but armed I can't say but I have my suspisions. Lets just say that they were playing gameskeeper and they kept the wolves from bothering the sheep. Trust me when I say that I prefer the british cops with just a nightstick.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:39 AM

The military does issue pistols, they are small and not a burden to carry, more useful to have one, and if most dont carry them, why is beretta getting huge contracts? They just recently got contracted for 400,000 more.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well the Marines are getting an XD in .45 ACP with a thumb safety on theirs

Old 05-09-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The military does issue pistols, they are small and not a burden to carry, more useful to have one, and if most dont carry them, why is beretta getting huge contracts? They just recently got contracted for 400,000 more.
It not a burden to carry but pistols has always been a low priority in military around the world. Traditionally pistols are expensive. A pistol cost almost the same as a rifle. IIRC a plain Colt M4 cost around $500 each. So funding has always been toward rifles and machineguns. You'll get better bang for the buck.

Beretta has a large contract to replace the worn out ones that have been in the military for over 20 years. The M9 is that old believe it or not.

I have not heard of Marines getting XD pistols. The US military tends to stay away from plastic frames because they are expected to take a lot of abuse for a long time.

Last edited by jdun; 05-09-2009 at 03:35 AM.