imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2009, 11:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default I've returned...

I figure I might as well just explain why I was gone, so I will.

By the end of September I had reached a severe stage of depression. I told a friend of mine I had held my loaded Sentinel High Standard .22 revolver to my head, and they told my parents. My parents told my school and they sent me to Four Winds mental hospital for two weeks until I was deemed "safe" enough to come back. When I got back, I had to have all of my guns taken away for safety reasons. So obviously, going on IMFDb wasn't the first thing I wanted to do.

I just had a low time in my life, I'm much better now, and will try to get the pages done I planned to do a few months ago. The forum has waaaay too much stuff to look at that I've missed, and I have a lot of catching up to do again. Sorry to leave the war on noobs for so long, hope you all didn't miss me too much. :P

BTW, this story I tell doesn't need to be met with a million "I'm so sorry"-ies, I'm not a sympathy whore, you guys are my friends, I just tell my friends the truth.

I will upload for Wolverine, Underworld, Miami Vice (2006), Vantage Point, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Total Recal, The Sands of Iwo Jima, The Magnificent Seven, The Longest Yard (not too gun filled really), and CSI:NY seasons two and three. I haven't checked the site yet, so if any of these have already been done, nix what I've said.

Also, with this much on my plate to do at once, is it any surprise I was in no rush to return?
Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Glad to have you back and its good that you are okay.

This place needs more help policing with all the traffic we are getting.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'm glad to see we actually went through with putting the Site Rules and Regulations in bright bold letters on the front of the page. It's kind of sad that people are so dumb we had to come to that, but they're very well written.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:48 PM

Good to see you back man, this place isn't the same without you.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:03 AM

Welcome back.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 12-20-2009, 03:29 AM

welcome back man. im glad you didnt chose what you were gonna do.
we always need a badass dude to scare away the ''youtube comment section'' noobs here on the forum.

BUT if you EVER think of doing that again i will personally jump through this fucking computer screen and kick your everliving ass. understand?

and number two, read this:

if you're thinking about suicide, then dont.
why would you kill yourself?
why would you do it if you could see how much it will hurt others around you.
my friend recently suicided back in november (its sad, but true) and he was real popular. we played football together and hung out and had lots of fun.

but on monday, november the 26th (this date will always have a special place in my heart) at 7:23 a mr. Cole Ellis decided to take his own life with a shotgun.

my whole school prayed for his family and we missed that day of school and about the WHOLE school went to his funeral that following wednesday.

im not trying to bum you, but the point of that story is that:
a.) people do love you. even the guys that sit on there computer and read you posts. and who have never met you. (i dont love you but i wouldnt want you to die. youre a BADASS!) and the world needs one of you

b.)if you did, think of how many people would miss you and have changed lives or emotions.

and c.) why would you?

with all that said (sorry, didnt mean to rant man. just wanted to tell you how i felt about that) im glad you're still here on this earth today.

and i hope you know where you going when God does call you home.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:59 AM

I have a friend who's suicidal. The last time he tried anything the gun wouldn't fire no matter what he tried. My aunt shot herself in the head with a .38, but she had a mental disorder that made her do things she really didn't want to...like shoot herself in the head

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-20-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I have a friend who's suicidal. The last time he tried anything the gun wouldn't fire no matter what he tried. My aunt shot herself in the head with a .38, but she had a mental disorder that made her do things she really didn't want to...like shoot herself in the head
My friends older brother shot himself but somehow the bullet just obliterated his eye.....hes blind now in the other eye as well.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 AM

I've had thoughts of killing my self. My reason is the goddamn kids at school. They've really mad it tough for me. There's this one kid named Drew Gholson who pretends he's gay, proposes to me, and says he's in love with me. Another kid is A.J., and he slams into my desk on purpose and says I've raped him when I touch him (not sexually, I just grab him to get his attetion). There's another boy named Ethan and he makes fun of my heritage (Irish) by saying thier church is full of pedophiles and say that the Irish are violent drunks. I swear I wanted to bring a gun to school and shoot them all. But I have a conscience and know that I would like the kids who did those shootings at Columbine.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

(Sorry I couldn't log on sooner; these damn hackers make it hard for me to log on.)

I'm just very glad you're back. I was a bit worried when I saw your user page on Cracked.com, but it's good that you're doing better. The site really just hasn't been the same without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Also, with this much on my plate to do at once, is it any surprise I was in no rush to return?
We're going to have to take 50% off your paycheck for not submitting your work on time.

Seriously, don't even begin to sweat it.