imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-14-2017, 12:48 AM

I was looking at a Service Six at the same time as the 66 but then remembered the problems I'd had with my father's Speed Six, my grandfather's Single Six, and my Redhawk. S&W only for me unless I can get a Manurhin

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I haven't had any trouble with my Ruger and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any trouble. I also own an MR-73. Mine has seen a lot of use, but it works just fine. Like you S&W is my favorite.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:31 PM

I'm still mad they broke my Redhawk after I talked to a Ruger rep and was assured that it was 100% fixable (slight barrel cant, sometimes wouldn't lock correctly) and that they would do so

Someone actually stole the Speed Six, sadly, but it'd always lock up within 75 rounds (ejector rod would back out)

Old 06-14-2017, 11:50 PM

My CHL just came in the mail, now I need a holster for my LCP

Old 09-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Picked up a nicely used Ruger GP100 with the 3" barrel. The previous owner had an action job done so the trigger is very easy. Ordered new compact grips from Ruger's shop. I've been looking for a 3" GP100 for awhile, but they aren't that common. I think Ruger probably makes more of the 4" and 6" models. I didn't even think about it when I found it. Just pulled out the Visa and purchased it. If I had waited somebody else would have purchased it.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm currently planning to build a "Firearm" but taking the Mossberg Shockwave and putting a pistol grip and a buffer tube adapter to it, then adding a brace. On paper, it reaches OAL limit to be a Firearm, so it would be legal to have.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-12-2017, 09:35 PM

I bought a Finnish M28 Civil Guard rifle today. Basically an upgraded Mosin-Nagant M91 built for the Finnish Civil Guard - think sort of equivalent to the US national guard but independent of the army and privately funded, but still recognized by the government. The Civil Guard didn't like the army's M27 and came out with their own better version - features from both went into the later M39 used by both. I haven't bought a gun for almost a year but this was too good a deal for too rare a rifle to pass up.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:46 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I bought a Finnish M28 Civil Guard rifle today. Basically an upgraded Mosin-Nagant M91 built for the Finnish Civil Guard - think sort of equivalent to the US national guard but independent of the army and privately funded, but still recognized by the government. The Civil Guard didn't like the army's M27 and came out with their own better version - features from both went into the later M39 used by both. I haven't bought a gun for almost a year but this was too good a deal for too rare a rifle to pass up.
Makes perfect sense Nyles.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:26 PM

Believe it or not M39s are $900 rifles here and I've been seeing M27 army rifles for $1200 so if I see a $700 M28 I'm laughing all the way to my line of credit.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Believe it or not M39s are $900 rifles here and I've been seeing M27 army rifles for $1200 so if I see a $700 M28 I'm laughing all the way to my line of credit.
Lee-Enfields have climbed dramatically down here in the states over the past twenty years. I've come across a few recently that are priced between $300-$400. I can remember when you could pick up a Mk III* for $100.00 and that was back in 99!