imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
if you want an AR-15 that shoots .22, you could just get any of the guns that were built as a .22 instead of a conversion and those .22 rifles are only about 500. You'd need different magazines as well for .22?

Is there a reason you want 10 round mags? I don't think South Carolina have a magazine law against higher capacity unless you plan on hunting with your AR-15, then I think 10 rounds is the rule for hunting with an AR-15.
There isnt any big reason but I may move to a highly populated area like new york or something and im not sure what the magazine laws are so I wanted to be on the safe side and if 10 isnt enough I will go buy a 30 round magazine. And the reason I want the .223 conversion to .22lr is i might use it to go hunting with my buddies of mine. Also some of those .22lr are ugly as mess if you find a .22lr that looks like a ar-15 5.56 nato then im set but besides that ill stick to larger cailbers. Honestly a 9mm Ar-15 would be my wet dream but i havent found any. And tell you the honest truth an MP5 would be my gun but their so rare expecially a semi-auto one. The only thing I have heard of is the HK94 which was from the 1980s which is horrible. But yeah I considering other guns any semi-auto rifle with full customization like the Ar-15.

Last edited by hotborad; 11-25-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:50 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotborad View Post
There isnt any big reason but I may move to a highly populated area like new york or something and im not sure what the magazine laws are so I wanted to be on the safe side and if 10 isnt enough I will go buy a 30 round magazine. And the reason I want the .223 conversion to .22lr is i might use it to go hunting with my buddies of mine. Also some of those .22lr are ugly as mess if you find a .22lr that looks like a ar-15 5.56 nato then im set but besides that ill stick to larger cailbers. Honestly a 9mm Ar-15 would be my wet dream but i havent found any. And tell you the honest truth an MP5 would be my gun but their so rare expecially a semi-auto one. The only thing I have heard of is the HK94 which was from the 1980s which is horrible. But yeah I considering other guns any semi-auto rifle with full customization like the Ar-15.
If you move to New York, the magazine isn't the only thing that's regulated. The rifle itself will also be subject to NY's own Assault Weapons Ban (it still has one).
Old 11-25-2010, 03:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
A 9mm AR-15 is also very rare and an civilian MP5 like the HK94 is extremely rare nowadays.

Unless you are hunting little rabbits, I don't think a .22 can kill anything big.

Seriously don't go to New York, that's anti gun country. You should really check your local gun laws. Go to your police stations and ask or better yet, just look it up online.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-25-2010, 11:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I live in upstate New York, the magazine limit here is 10 round only magazines unless you have bought preban hi-caps. You also can't have a folding/collapsing stock, bayonet lug, threaded barrel, or barrel shorter than 16" unless preban as well. (The barrel though still needs a class III stamp if shorter than 16" regardless of pre or post ban).
Old 11-26-2010, 01:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Honestly speaking, I don't have a use for a bayonet so I'd get a barrel without it.

There's also technicalities on what a flash hider is.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Honestly speaking, I don't have a use for a bayonet so I'd get a barrel without it.
But...

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-26-2010, 01:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
But...
I said a bayonet. A Gears of War inspired rifle is something else...ballsy

Old 11-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
But...
That Gun Shop couldn't let that poor guy atleast have a empty mag to make the photo look a little bit cooler?!...He's in uniform i think they could trust him.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

The odd part is that it looks like a DMR.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The odd part is that it looks like a DMR.
the chainsaw is a barrel weight/gun rest that cuts people up in case of CQB combat

http://www.introvertisland.com

Tags
ar15