imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 AM

Also, a semi automatic MP5

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 AM

I don't think the S&W No.3 frame will accomodate a round as long as the .357. And the old barrel latch definately wouldn't stand up to the pressure, they're not super strong guns.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s&wshooter View Post
also, a semi automatic mp5
hk94? Mp10?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:19 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
S&W Model 3 in .38 special/ .357 magnum that doesn't cost greater than or equal to used car
Seriously? A .357 Magnum on a break action revolver? The .38 sure.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-06-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
hk94? Mp10?
No, a real MP5, but semi instead of full/burst

Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
I don't think the S&W No.3 frame will accomodate a round as long as the .357. And the old barrel latch definately wouldn't stand up to the pressure, they're not super strong guns.
Really? Damn.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 AM

Well, as you all know new guns don't really excite me much, but I was thinking about some guns that were almcould have been made I wish they had.

Colt 1911 in .41 ACP - JMB was designing a .41 caliber version of the 1902 Auto, but the round was too much for the design, and by the time they figured out the solution the US Army had decided they wanted a .45 so the whole project was abandoned. If they'd kept doing with it and came out with a .41 ACP loaded somewhere near .38 Super levels, that could have been a pretty neat gun.

Colt 1911 in 7.63mm Mauser - Preferably with a tangent sight and attachable stock - basically similar to a Star Model A Pistol Carbine without the extended barrel. Might have sold well in Europe and Asia.

Steyr 1912 in 7.63mm Mauser - Likely have to beef up the design a little, but it sure would be a cool gun. And the 1912 was a good design that might have sold better if it chambered a more common round.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 AM

Mass production of the H&K P7M7

Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 AM

Yeah, the length of the cartridge in a top-break gun is limited by the arc it has to travel to open - that's why the Schofield couldn't chamber .45 Colt rounds (and the reproductions had to be redesigned so it could). Same reason that the Brits went to .38 S&W instead of .38 Special when they decided they wanted a .38.

And espescially the barrel-mounted latch on the No.3 was quite weak - if you ever examine when you notice there's not actually all that much holding them together. The frame mounted latch on a Schofield (which is very similar to a Webley stirrup lock) is stronger, but even a Webley can't stand up to .45 ACP pressures, let alone .357 Mag.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
Yeah, the length of the cartridge in a top-break gun is limited by the arc it has to travel to open - that's why the Schofield couldn't chamber .45 Colt rounds (and the reproductions had to be redesigned so it could). Same reason that the Brits went to .38 S&W instead of .38 Special when they decided they wanted a .38.

And espescially the barrel-mounted latch on the No.3 was quite weak - if you ever examine when you notice there's not actually all that much holding them together. The frame mounted latch on a Schofield (which is very similar to a Webley stirrup lock) is stronger, but even a Webley can't stand up to .45 ACP pressures, let alone .357 Mag.
Makes sense. I just want a Model 3 chambered in a relatively easy to find cartridge