imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 AM

i would probrably choose an AR variant. there much more easier to come by.
as for a handgun maybe a glock .40 or the good ol' .45 1911. you can never go wrong with a 1911. and revolvers....the .38 special. yep, thats right im bringing out the ol' shitter. most people dont prefer it. but they have nice control and some good stopping power. hell, my mom even has one that she keeps in her closet for home-defense. we also take it to the range sometimes.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM

I wouldnt get a big caliber for the headshot only zombies, and even ones you need to hit in the torso, never a .40. .45 has more power and less recoil, ill just take a p220. Ar-15s are a good idea as you can take mags from military/le types. Whats with the aimpoint and eotec lined up in the pic?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
That looks like a very Hollywood configuration. I would want just an Aimpoint. If I can get a suppressor, the better
Largely bare essentials. The magnifier can be flipped off to the side when the 3X isn't needed and you never know where the tac light would be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Whats with the aimpoint and eotec lined up in the pic?
The Aimpoint is a magnifier, not an RDS.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

For shooting something as dangerous as zombies, a handgun is too close for comfort. I'd rather have a shotgun or rifle at distances, but if I need to have a handgun for use, I'd get one with as much ammo as possible in a standard magazine. I like the XDM in 9mm. 19+1 rounds. I might even want to get a Glock 17 and get the extended mags for 33.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-18-2010, 04:16 PM

A Browning HP and my 686 as pistols and my Stag Arms as my rifle, with a crowbar for melee

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Crowbar sounds too heavy for something like a rotting zombie head. And you would need all your speed to run around. Too much weight is bad for you. I'll take a bat as a melee weapon. I'm debating if a sword or a bat would have less blood splash back on myself

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 PM

asp baton, all day.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:18 PM

I don't have a baseball bat though. I have rock hammers and crowbars, but no baseball bats

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Well guys, you´re in the US, so you have too many weapons to choose, but here you can´t buy semiautomatics...

So, let´s see:

Melee: Cold Steel Indian War Club

Handgun: Bersa Thunder .45 as main handgun or Glock 17.

Rifle: Sporter Mauser 1909 with bayonet for long range.

Small game rifle: Some Beretta local copy in .22lr
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
No, he did absolutely zero research, such as shown by him ranking the M1 carbine (which you'd be hard-pressed to find ammo for) so high.
I inherited my Dad's M1 Carbine, and I love it. Easy to carry, good accuracy, low recoil, good magazine capacity, and I have no problems finding ammunition for it. Granted an M16, or variant would probably be a better choice because they are so common in the U.S. as one of it's advantages. Although I am a .45 acp man, I think that shot placement and ammo capacity should be considered. I would probably go with a Beretta 92. Like the M16, it is very common, so ammo, magazines, and spare parts should not be a problem. Also it is heavy for a 9mm, so the recoil is very mild.

As for movie Zombies, they are not really Zombies. George Romero has said that his creations aren't Zombies, they are the Living Dead. The Living Dead can be killed, a Zombie can't. The traditional Zombie is a reanimated corpse that is under the control of a person. The only way to stop the Zombie is to stop the person that is controlling them. The last real Zombie I have seen in a movie, was the HBO film "Cast A Deadly Spell".

David.