imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-15-2017, 02:23 AM

Default Guardians of the Galaxy

Since Ben41 felt compelled to not only outright deny this suggestion but also completely delete it from the page as if he's a sole absolute authority or something, I'll bring this up with others here.

Guardians 1 is clearly not eligible for inclusion on IMFDb and I doubt 2 will be, either. And neither do they serve any real purpose here on this [Captain America: Winter Soldier] talk page, being completely unrelated to Captain America. Can we just get rid of them?

And even if the other admins agree with keeping them there (to "complete the MCU category", as he called it, though I'm not quite sure that fits within this site's purpose), I still don't believe he had any business completely deleting my post from the talk page because I didn't break any rules making it. It almost feels like he did that so that no one else would weigh an opinion in.

I'm beginning to think Ben41 doesn't like me for some reason.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 05-15-2017, 04:14 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I can understand the need to be thorough, but we can't pound a round peg into a square hole. If it's not eligible, it's not eligible.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

I don't really have a problem with listing them on a talk page TBH. They are ineligible, but they do not have a page of their own they are just listed on a talk page, and there are other examples on here of ineligible weapons, trivia, and associated otherwise ineligible material being listed on discussion pages. I would agree though that it seems totally arbitrary for them to be on the Winter Soldier page (I assume that the reason for this is that at the time of GOTG this was the most recent page), so if it is to be kept then I think a better place for it would be to put it on the MCU discussion page.

Also, I'm not sure but I think the second one might potentially be vaguely eligible, as I think there is a point when you see American police officers on Earth who would be armed, but I may be misremembering this.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Other than the recent Thor Ragnarok trailer showing 2 M16s, the more out worldly Marvel movies don't really show real world guns

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-16-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
... so if it is to be kept then I think a better place for it would be to put it on the MCU discussion page.
That would be a more reasonable place to put it. Does anyone have any opposition to me moving the GitG entries there?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman