imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Bunch of wankers and gits all. I can't count the amount of Shyte we get from UK members .....

On a happier note, I contacted his parent wiki group and informed them of numerous copyright violations pertaining to my images. What offended me was that he posted them as "property of Moviemaster1993" or something like that. No attributions, nothing. I will be filing a DMCA take down order when I get the chance.
I wish we can do internet law suits. I'd like to see a lawyer knock on his door to serve him an order.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I wish we can do internet law suits. I'd like to see a lawyer knock on his door to serve him an order.
If he acts in real life the way he does online it won't be lawyers knocking on his door it will be the cops or worse.

[Headline] Internet troll found with computer shoved into body cavity[/headline]
Old 07-13-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I can't count the amount of Shyte we get from UK members .....
*headdesk*

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
*headdesk*
As A half-Brit does that mean I need to drive a Manure truck to your office and dump a load for MPM?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 AM

Tried to get past the front page without laughing. Didn't work.
A kid in green tights broke into my house and smashed all my shit with a sword. Fuck video games.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
On a happier note, I contacted his parent wiki group and informed them of numerous copyright violations pertaining to my images. What offended me was that he posted them as "property of Moviemaster1993" or something like that. No attributions, nothing. I will be filing a DMCA take down order when I get the chance.
Although I've never shared your enthusiasm for keeping IMFDB's gun images exclusive, this is one case where I definitely agree with you. I don't care if he wants to start his own pathetic Wiki to compete with ours, but I sure as hell don't want him using our images and claiming they're his, while whining about what fascists we are. After all, it's not like he doesn't know exactly where the images come from. Whereas many of the people who have used our gun pics without permission most likely just found them on a quick Google search and weren't aware of our policy regarding their use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
If he acts in real life the way he does online it won't be lawyers knocking on his door it will be the cops or worse.
More likely, the men in white coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
*headdesk*
Don't worry, I promise that MPM and the rest of us still love you guys. Even though you're all gun-hating, monarchy-worshiping pussies. :P

But seriously, I have seen a couple of British users who have given us lots of problems. I remember I once asked a user (whose profile identified his location as the U.K.) not to upload pics of guns we already had. He responded to me with insults and profanity, and after I temp-banned him, he used another IP to vandalize my talk page. As for Moviemaster himself, when MPM explained our policy on images to him, he responded with an anti-American tirade. I realize that these anecdotes hardly say anything about English IMFDB users in general, but it is just a little weird.

Of course, some of our most annoying forum trolls (PersonOfInterest, BurtReynoldsMoustache, Sillybunz, etc.) have been Americans.

Last edited by MT2008; 07-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
But seriously, I have seen a couple of British users who have given us lots of problems. I remember I once asked a user (whose profile identified his location as the U.K.) not to upload pics of guns we already had. He responded to me with insults and profanity, and after I temp-banned him, he used another IP to vandalize my talk page. As for Moviemaster himself, when MPM explained our policy on images to him, he responded with an anti-American tirade. I realize that these anecdotes hardly say anything about English IMFDB users in general, but it is just a little weird.
It's basically a scaled-up version of general childish dislike of any kind of authority; at a certain age, any authority figure is automatically stupid and terrible, from your older siblings, parents and teachers to the government. Obviously for Americans that's where the buck stops, but for kids from other countries they can mindlessly dislike America because it's a Big Authority Figure Nation (TM).

So basically it's the same reason he doesn't get along with other users, write properly or understand the concept of following rules.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
It's basically a scaled-up version of general childish dislike of any kind of authority; at a certain age, any authority figure is automatically stupid and terrible, from your older siblings, parents and teachers to the government. Obviously for Americans that's where the buck stops, but for kids from other countries they can mindlessly dislike America because it's a Big Authority Figure Nation (TM).
In all fairness to you Brits, childish and mindless disdain for the U.S. government is pretty common over here (and it's not limited to any age group). It's way too common amongst both Libertarians, with all of its armchair Minutemen who spout mindless pseudo-aphorisms about abuses of power, and leftist undergrads whose views of the U.S. government come from their professors and Rage Against The Machine lyrics. The only difference between them and the aforementioned anti-American Brits is that the latter have a far less nuanced understanding of American civil society.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
In all fairness to you Brits, childish and mindless disdain for the U.S. government is pretty common over here (and it's not limited to any age group). It's way too common amongst both Libertarians, with all of its armchair Minutemen who spout mindless pseudo-aphorisms about abuses of power, and leftist undergrads whose views of the U.S. government come from their professors and Rage Against The Machine lyrics. The only difference between them and the aforementioned anti-American Brits is that the latter have a far less nuanced understanding of American civil society.
Whoa there sparky, watch the gross generalizations.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:28 PM

MPM, I know this might be a tedious task, since you have literally hundreds of images from your own armory on this site, but have you ever considered reuploading versions of them with an IMFDB watermark like this one of an M9 pistol?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman