imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I like the MP5. But since you can't get a civilian one for any reasonable price, might as well get the Kel Tec Sub 2000

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Se,, to me the problem with the MP-5, and even the UMP series t some extent is that the time of the sub gun has pasted.

With the rise of modern body armor, and the taking hold of the PDW concept, the place for a 9mm sub gun is growing slim.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Se,, to me the problem with the MP-5, and even the UMP series t some extent is that the time of the sub gun has pasted.

With the rise of modern body armor, and the taking hold of the PDW concept, the place for a 9mm sub gun is growing slim.
Except when you want to go subsonic or don't want to risk penetration based collateral.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 PM

And that is when I champion the UMP-45.

If you want subsonic, and minor collateral, then the .45 ACP is the way to go.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I like the MP5. But since you can't get a civilian one for any reasonable price, might as well get the Kel Tec Sub 2000
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct862.aspx
Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 AM

There's hardly a comparison between an HK94 style gun and a SUB-2000, aside from them being in the same class and caliber. Even so, HK94 style guns are few and expensive no matter what the make. I'd personally hunt down an Uzi Carbine for a decent price and be content. The USC, the civilian UMP, is surely fine too, but the cost of .45 ACP ammo as a civ is significantly higher than 9mm with not much more penetrative or ballistic power. My thought is that you don't really go for a 9mm or any pistol caliber subgun unless you don't want to penetrate something, which is a real concern for police agencies, so they still do have a niche.

If you absolutely have to have decent penetration, get a mid-powered rifle caliber carbine of some sort in a common caliber (AR-15 in 5.56 for example). Ammo costs will be more reasonable than PDW calibers and it offers more penetrative potential than pistol caliber carbines.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I am in the process of buying an 870. Right now it's just a plain jane with an extended tube. I plan to put more on it in the future. Pics up when I get it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

And here it is, my new shotgun. This is what it looks like now. In the coming year, I'll be doing a couple things to it

Old 01-19-2012, 03:47 PM

looks good to me, i dont like pressure switches on a pump gun but a cool package. What are you planning to upgrade with?

BTW benelli is making m4s that are not neutered and actually hold enough ammo, about time.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 PM

Is that an 18 or a 20 inch Barrel?