imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2014, 02:01 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Sutherland is no doubt a great actor, but I've heard he can be difficult to work with.
Freddie didn't really get into specifics regarding Kiefer's professionalism. I always thought there was a clear distinction between being difficult and being professional. It could just be a personality clash, but I'm sure Kiefer showed up every day on time and ready to work. But as people mentioned in Kiefer's defense the other day, they keep bringing him back.

And I've heard of actors inflating their heights, but 5'4" seems a bit low. It seems a bit odd that he's short though. His father is listed as 6'4".
Old 07-30-2014, 02:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Ryan Reynolds is merely sufferable here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-L2hUkeqJ0
Old 08-02-2014, 08:20 PM

If there is a Tremors reboot; either Michael Gross had better reprise his role as Burt or they should just leave out Burt all together.

Anything else will result in acts of vandalism perpetrated by me against any one associated with the picture.

My problem with Jarhead is the whiny tone Swofford takes when describing how he didn't see any action.

Dude, none of your buddies got killed, fucking deal it with.

You know what I did when I was bored in the Sandbox? Read a box, wrote my sister, played my Gameboy, took a nap, etc.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Ryan Reynolds is merely sufferable here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-L2hUkeqJ0
I think his career is dead at this point. The dude's now considered box office poison.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 08-02-2014, 11:34 PM
IMFDB Admin

To briefly go back on to the Kiefer Sutherland thing briefly, by coincidence today I was talking to somebody who did some work for the last season of 24. Apparently he worked with him 3 times, and he was drunk off his face on 2 of those occasions. On a similar vein, apparently one day when they were shooting Kieffer was so obviously drunk that the armourer refused to allow him to do the firing scene that they were about to do, so Kiefer just stormed off set for the rest of the day and refused to do anything .

When I mentioned to him about the Freddie Prinze height thing, he said that it is bizarre that they would make somebody take off their shoes rather than make Kiefer stand on a box or something. By making him take off his shoes, not only does it slow down production as he keeps having to take his shoes on and off, he also said that it is a sure sign of a massive ego on Kiefer's part as it would have been a demand from him rather than anybody on the production team.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:46 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
To briefly go back on to the Kiefer Sutherland thing briefly, by coincidence today I was talking to somebody who did some work for the last season of 24. Apparently he worked with him 3 times, and he was drunk off his face on 2 of those occasions. On a similar vein, apparently one day when they were shooting Kieffer was so obviously drunk that the armourer refused to allow him to do the firing scene that they were about to do, so Kiefer just stormed off set for the rest of the day and refused to do anything .

When I mentioned to him about the Freddie Prinze height thing, he said that it is bizarre that they would make somebody take off their shoes rather than make Kiefer stand on a box or something. By making him take off his shoes, not only does it slow down production as he keeps having to take his shoes on and off, he also said that it is a sure sign of a massive ego on Kiefer's part as it would have been a demand from him rather than anybody on the production team.
If he showed up not ready to work, then that's being unprofessional. If Freddy had just said that, more people would take his side of this. Just mentioning the height thing just makes him look petty.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:21 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Has it occurred to anyone that neither Taylor Kitsch or Paul Walker knows or knew how to fight? You want to make an American remake of a drama like The Departed, then go ahead, but if we're just talking about a martial arts flick, which The Raid and to a lesser extent, District B13 are, then I'm going to want to see actors who actually know how to fight. In both cases, Iko Uwais and Cyril Raffaeli were the leads or co-leads AND the fight choreographers. Is there no modern American equivalent to Michael Dudikoff or Chuck Norris? Or at least bring in Jason Statham. (Or not, Jason Statham is 47?!)

http://www.thewrap.com/taylor-kitsch...ake-exclusive/
Old 08-06-2014, 05:32 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

A martial arts remake starring martial artists. How novel.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/kick...-scott-adkins/
Old 08-06-2014, 10:28 PM

Well, this was predictable:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...party-20140804

I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy again this weekend so Bay won't get a dime of my hard earned money.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 08-06-2014, 11:07 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Well, this was predictable:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...party-20140804

I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy again this weekend so Bay won't get a dime of my hard earned money.
Or any MORE of your hard earned money.