imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I was just throwing Keebler Elves out there as an example. I bear no ill will toward the Keebler Elves. And if I were ever charged with eradicating them, I want them to know that for a price, I can look the other way.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
hmmm...tough choice, how 'bout: Charles Bronson?
You would fail. No survivors

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-30-2010, 02:36 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I understand that, it's basic biology. But we're obviously ignoring biology and physics because zombies exist, and even though they don't have working CNS systems, they can run. What if you shoot it in the heart? You need a heart to pump blood, to work the muscles. Why can't you kill a zombie with a double tap to the chest? It needs to breath, right? You can't pick and choose which scientific rules you're going to follow.

You also can't use science to explain what is clearly a supernatural being. Can you stop a ghost by shooting it in the spine? How about a vampire? Or an angel?
You're still not getting it obviously. I'm not talking about any nerves, blood circulation, breathing or anything except the structure. If the center of a structure is removed, it collapses. That's it.

And I love how when I prove you wrong in a subject, you try to change it. First, it was weapons of choice, then it was zombies are fantasy, then it's that science should not be involved. Wow, good job buddy. So stop crying about other shit to avoid that matter of the real subject.

You also contradicted yourself by saying that zombies are supernatural. In some situations they're not, as in 28 Days Later. Is that choosing a science? Or that your weapons of choice is based on slow zombies? Why do you get to chose and say that chosing sciences are ridiculous?

Last edited by sillybunz13; 09-30-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
You're still not getting it obviously. I'm not talking about any nerves, blood circulation, breathing or anything except the structure. If the center of a structure is removed, it collapses. That's it.

And I love how when I prove you wrong in a subject, you try to change it. First, it was weapons of choice, then it was zombies are fantasy, then it's that science should not be involved. Wow, good job buddy. So stop crying about other shit to avoid that matter of the real subject.

You also contradicted yourself by saying that zombies are supernatural. In some situations they're not, as in 28 Days Later. Is that choosing a science? Or that your weapons of choice is based on slow zombies? Why do you get to chose and say that chosing sciences are ridiculous?
As I've said before, DEFINE ZOMBIES. I'm thinking reanimated undead. I'm thinking George Romero, you know, the guy who invented the genre. I never watched all of 28 Days Later. Are they dead before they turn on people, or is it merely a disease? If they are dead first, and then they're reanimated, then it IS fantasy. Something that was never dead is not a zombie. I'm not changing the subject, I'm just reiterating a point you're obviously not getting. Your thinking behind your weapon selection is entirely based on a theory derived from science, that stopping a zombie is similar to stopping a human, and I'm just pointing out that when dealing with supernatural creatures like zombies, science and logic is irrelevant.

It sounds like you're just talking about killing living, yet diseased human beings who won't shoot back. Hell, that's easy. All you have to do is hope that UPS can still deliver your mags when the streets are overrun with crazy diseased people.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post

If you somehow remove a zombie's ability to stand up straight, it's still going to crawl towards you with its arms, moaning "BRAAAAAINSS" the whole way.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
If you somehow remove a zombie's ability to stand up straight, it's still going to crawl towards you with its arms, moaning "BRAAAAAINSS" the whole way.
Romero zombies or the zombies that is mostly used in popular culture don't talk and especially dont scream "brains". That was from one single movie where the whole brains line is more of a parody on zombie movies

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-30-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Romero zombies or the zombies that is mostly used in popular culture don't talk and especially dont scream "brains". That was from one single movie where the whole brains line is more of a parody on zombie movies
The Return of the Living Dead series is crap anyways...
Old 09-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
The Return of the Living Dead series is crap anyways...
Is that the series where they can't even kill the zombies?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Is that the series where they can't even kill the zombies?
That's the one...
Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
That's the one...
I've only seen one of the movies, but from what I've heard they are all horrible

Closed Thread