imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Default I need gun Ideas

Hey all I need some gun ideas for a writing project. The synopsis is that an average blue collar guy gets sucked through time and space while out to do some weekend shooting.

I'm going to need:

A .22lr Pistol

A .22lr Rifle

a Revolver

Two handguns

A Shotgun

A .308 rifle

a Black Rifle of some kind.

Please don't sugest anything too expensive or unusual. Think of what a 25 year old guy would possibly own.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Ruger Mk II

Ruger 10/22

Glock 21

S&W 380 Bodyguard

Maverick 88

Remington 700

DPMS AR-15

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM

Police trade in Model 10 or an older pawn shop special Ruger Blackhawk in .44 Magnum.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Hope all the ammo in the world gets sucked in with him.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Hey all I need some gun ideas for a writing project. The synopsis is that an average blue collar guy gets sucked through time and space while out to do some weekend shooting.

I'm going to need:

A .22lr Pistol

A .22lr Rifle

a Revolver

Two handguns

A Shotgun

A .308 rifle

a Black Rifle of some kind.

Please don't sugest anything too expensive or unusual. Think of what a 25 year old guy would possibly own.
If he's trying to get something now .... forget it. If he's trying to buy any sort of ammo now ... forget it. I can get 30.06 and 243 Winchester and .300 Winchester Magnum all day (at super inflated prices) and that's about it........
Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
If he's trying to get something now .... forget it. If he's trying to buy any sort of ammo now ... forget it. I can get 30.06 and 243 Winchester and .300 Winchester Magnum all day (at super inflated prices) and that's about it........
Even four years ago, when I was in a Walmart in TEXAS, all they had left was .357 SIG.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I ment Ideas for not the actual physical firearms.

As far as Ammo goes he's not going to have very much until he gets the remnants of the local Civilization to reverse engineer the ammo and weapons.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 PM

AA conversion kit for glock 19
ruger 10-22
Glock 19
Smith and wesson 686p
Winchester model 70 .308
windham weaponry ar15 with aim point

for kicks a tokarev and a p64

Im biased in a few choices

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-09-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
As far as Ammo goes he's not going to have very much until he gets the remnants of the local Civilization to reverse engineer the ammo and weapons.
I was just thinking about that a while ago, how hard would it be to make ammo if you were transported back in time with a modern firearm?
1) Bullets: Dead easy, lead and a mould
2) Powder: Gunpowder has been around for a very long time. Black powder would work, even if it's weak and smokey (right?). And if you're talking really far back in history, well, who doesn't know how to make gunpowder? It's just saltpeter and sulphur? and... Okay, the answer is me. I don't know how to make gunpowder. But it's not uncommon knowledge.
3) Brass: Reusable on a limited basis. I think it would be fairly difficult to make more. Even if you're somewhere/when that's technically capable of making the right metal in the right shape to acceptable tolerances, some random person who just popped out of a time vortex is going to have a difficult time finding someone with the ability and convincing them to cooperate.
Think about it, if some alien popped out of the warp right now and needed someone to make them some more 17.4x98pb hemi-toroidal brass for their model 9843 Zerx & Traxis, they would not have an easy time of it.
4) Primers: I have no idea how to make or substitute primers. I don't even know what 'fulminate' is.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:08 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce_GTS View Post
I was just thinking about that a while ago, how hard would it be to make ammo if you were transported back in time with a modern firearm?
1) Bullets: Dead easy, lead and a mould
2) Powder: Gunpowder has been around for a very long time. Black powder would work, even if it's weak and smokey (right?). And if you're talking really far back in history, well, who doesn't know how to make gunpowder? It's just saltpeter and sulphur? and... Okay, the answer is me. I don't know how to make gunpowder. But it's not uncommon knowledge.
3) Brass: Reusable on a limited basis. I think it would be fairly difficult to make more. Even if you're somewhere/when that's technically capable of making the right metal in the right shape to acceptable tolerances, some random person who just popped out of a time vortex is going to have a difficult time finding someone with the ability and convincing them to cooperate.
Think about it, if some alien popped out of the warp right now and needed someone to make them some more 17.4x98pb hemi-toroidal brass for their model 9843 Zerx & Traxis, they would not have an easy time of it.
4) Primers: I have no idea how to make or substitute primers. I don't even know what 'fulminate' is.
It'd be a lot easier if you had a black powder firearm that just required lead balls like a Colt Navy or something. Many rounds today require smokeless powder and jacketed bullets. I don't think primers should be that hard once you figure out the formula. Are modern primers that different than the ones found two hundred years ago?