imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 PM

Heh, maybe the TEC guns only jam because you aren't holding them sideways?

I remember reading a book of short stories about guns when I was in middle school. It was surprisingly neutral and ran the gamut from a guy finding a gun under a dumpster, all the way to kids with squirt guns having summertime skirmishes. Not a bad book really, but it was far from required(or even recommended reading).

I'll admit that I really liked Clinton and so far like Obama, but my admiration is strongly tempered by their short-sighted and ill-informed stance on firearms. The way that they try implementing silly rules and restrictions while failing to strengthen the few that really do work is such a major disappointment.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Im a CJ major, very few antis/libs in them. Only my general courses have them. Most people in my classes own guns, or shoot them, so know bette rthan the world peace get along crowd

We did watch "bowling for columbine" in health in HS too. I made a complaint saying it didn't belong in health class.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
I'll admit that I really liked Clinton and so far like Obama, but my admiration is strongly tempered by their short-sighted and ill-informed stance on firearms. The way that they try implementing silly rules and restrictions while failing to strengthen the few that really do work is such a major disappointment.
Not to argue with you, but I never liked him. Aside from all of the AWB bullshit, he lied to the country and then later wrote a book about it. While lying isn't exactly unheard of in the white house, it's adding insult to injury to almost mock the country by writing a book about how he did it and got away with it. It reminds me of how O.J. Simpson wrote a book about "how he would have" killed his wife after his murder trial claimed he was innocent.

Obama is still iffy with me, I'm slowly starting to dislike him for addressing guns and everything when he should be more concerned with fixing the economic crisis. When it comes to gun control, just read my signature.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 PM

Ha, yeah.
The economy is certainly the largest priority, and the over-talked-about ammo shortage is probably not too great either(not that that is something the Prez should worry about).

My theory about Clinton was that: all politicians lie, and at the very least this lie only affected Clinton and his family so why do I care?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:49 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm not sure I hate Clinton that much either. I mean, I do find his character to be morally reprehensible and I think of him as a sleazy perverted asshole. But his presidency (AWB aside) was a fairly good time for America overall, so from a political standpoint, I don't find him all that bad (for a Democrat, that is). I tend to remember the stability of the Clinton years with a bit of fondness, compared to what we went through under Bush. But of course, those were kind of the salad days for me.

Obama is concerned with the economic crisis. Nobody can accuse him of inaction. It's just that I really don't want to take on this ridiculous debt simply because the Democrats (and, sadly, many Republicans, too) are too afraid to let the market correct itself. I'm not too enthused about seeing our spending increase. (Even with the stimulus check I received in my mailbox which provided me enough to buy another new handgun ).

The mention of the AWB is simply to placate the Mexicans that we're doing something about the cartel wars.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 AM

I remain as always a political nihilist for the most part, because the news is full of unfair and unbalanced coverage, and opinions are like asses, everyone has one. The only time I show any concern about politics is when something actually affects my personal lifestyle I:E gun ownership or the job market. Taking an entire stance based on "facts" portrayed by the news or, God forbid, one of my heavily political relatives, is nonsensical and results in hatred of opposing viewpoints and, lets face it, flamewars that we call "debates". I really don't need the pressure of an entire political ideology on top of all the other crap I have to tolerate in my individual life. So hate Clinton and Obama, or love them, that's your choice, mine, is not a choice.