imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I just remember playing that section and thinking "I'm playing a war crimes simulation." (And then at the end of the game, "I just helped drop the Iron Curtain. What the hell is wrong with this game?")
Eh, I always thought that was kind of the idea. Reznov's pretty scary at times, after all, and I figured Mason's version in Black Ops was less so because Mason only knew the guy who was trying to manipulate him.

It's a pretty simple message about what seeking revenge can turn you into, but it's there for you to think about if you want to and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it. That's something, I guess.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Eh, I always thought that was kind of the idea. Reznov's pretty scary at times, after all, and I figured Mason's version in Black Ops was less so because Mason only knew the guy who was trying to manipulate him.

It's a pretty simple message about what seeking revenge can turn you into, but it's there for you to think about if you want to and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it. That's something, I guess.
Speaker of Reznov.

It's still weird hearing Oldman with his natural accent. I know they exist, but I don't think I've ever seen any of the films where he's played a British person.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:18 PM

I just bought Fable II, and I have to say that it's an awesome and pretty addicting game.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The 3rd Fable was a complete disappointment

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I just bought Fable II, and I have to say that it's an awesome and pretty addicting game.
I think the first part of Fable II was a free download from XBLA for a while. I'm just not a big RPG guy.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

It looks like Gamefly is dumping copies of Crysis 3. How is it? Is it better than Crysis 2? I just couldn't get into Crysis 2.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The 3rd game is weird because the story just took a dump on us. The connecting events are very flimsy and confusing.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The 3rd game is weird because the story just took a dump on us. The connecting events are very flimsy and confusing.
I never really got into the story, since I never played the first one. The game itself just wasn't that fun. I think I was about half way through when I just stopped playing out of boredom.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I saw Bro Team's stream of the game; the guy playing never got good at it, never used the upgrade system, picked up weapons more or less at random and still beat the entire game in about four hours, only dying at all on the last two levels.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

Agents of SHIELD is very bland and generic but still it is just one episode. I can only hope it works but...it is very TV generic. It's NCIS SHIELD