imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 PM

zombies you just shoot COM and drop like any other human, i mean, that headshots only crap is stupider than the idea of zombies themselves. "only the brain is working nahnahnahnahnah.....then how is the body walking? only zombies that are people infected by a virus, like rage in 28 days, make any sense....

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Banned

Here's my zombie survival strategy. Take a few levels in Cleric, choose Pelor to worship so I can have access to the Healing domain for extra cure spells, spend the extra gp on a high quality silver holy symbol, take Improved Turning and Extra Turning as my feats.

You fools, headshots won't do shit to zombies. Undead are immune to critical hits. Using slashing weapons like swords and axes, they overcome the zombie's damage reduction.

Last edited by BurtReynoldsMoustache; 09-27-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
That´s heavy. I mean, our guys in the army complains all the time about carrying 5x20 round magazines, carrying 6x30 would be a pain in the ass.
Standard combat load for a U.S. Army Rifleman is 210 rounds or 7 30 round magazines, so thats actually normal.

Despite what the "zombie survival guide" says I'd still obtain a select fire weapon.

Fully automatic is useful for things other than suppressive fire according to a U.S. Army Manual from the 1980s

* Adjusting fire with tracers
* Close range reflexive firing
* Multiple targets in close proximity (to e/o)
* Some method that involved guiding your weapon as if you were using a "garden hose"

Not to mention that you likely will come up against human adversaries in a post apocalyptic world anyways

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 09-27-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Standard combat load for a U.S. Army Rifleman is 210 rounds or 7 30 round magazines, so thats actually normal.
Of course every army soldier i know who was in a combat unit carried way more, i know one who loaded his vest up, then bdu pockets, the sleeve pockets on the blouse, a stock pouch, anywhere you could shove a mag, saying that it doesnt matter if it weighs a lot when your patrolling around in a humvee. But you want as much ammo as possible when in combat.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

How is everybody gonna gear up when the unicorn apocalypse happens? I think I'll bring a super soaker full of lingonberry juice. Unicorns hate lingonberries. Oh and also a spindle of teal silk ribbon to tie around their horns when they're sleeping, it suppresses their powers.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Of course every army soldier i know who was in a combat unit carried way more, i know one who loaded his vest up, then bdu pockets, the sleeve pockets on the blouse, a stock pouch, anywhere you could shove a mag, saying that it doesnt matter if it weighs a lot when your patrolling around in a humvee. But you want as much ammo as possible when in combat.
I worked with a guy who was stationed in Germany during the 80's who told me the same thing. Carry as much ammo as you possibly can.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I worked with a guy who was stationed in Germany during the 80's who told me the same thing. Carry as much ammo as you possibly can.
I was told to carry the bare minimum, extra ammo won't help you if your fatigued and tired.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'd go with whatever the hell I can find.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure "zombie apocalypse" is just code for "race war".
Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I was told to carry the bare minimum, extra ammo won't help you if your fatigued and tired.
I think he said he was mechanized infantry with the 2nd AD, back when it still existed. So I guess you'd carry more if you were getting a ride.