imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Mail Call

I really have been wanting to say this, but I'm calling you out Gunmaster on your Mail Call page http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Mail_Call . I asked you quietly on the site and messaged you, but you rather have the excuse and call it "better organization", which is bullshit.

You divide the page between "seasons" because you claim it is better for organization. It just confuses people when they see M1 Garand repeated several times. If there are so many guns, why not categorize them in types of guns, handguns, submachine guns, rifles, assault rifles, etc. You have 8 seasons worth of screencapping to do and every season I see a section for M1 Garand is just an eye sore. Put all the screen caps of Garands and M16A1s in one section, limit to 4 to not make the page needlessly long and waste space for the server. You don't need 7 caps of Garands from every season?

I mean, it's like me doing my Unit page or better my Stargate SG-1 page where I categorize in seasons and the show has 10 seasons and at the beginning of each season I start out with the FN P90 10 times with 4 caps each then the Beretta M92Fs they uses, for every season I see it, and the M16s we see. You see how this can be annoying and a waste of space.

And you go bragging that this is the largest page with the most guns, but you are in fact counting the repeats as well. So what gives with this page? i know you took your time screencapping all of these and me telling you that you wasted your time is insulting, but it's true, you wasted your time on this for nothing and it's a show that tells you what guns are being used all the time. Same with Lock N Load. Gunny tells you what he's using most of the time, so what's the point. And don't get me started on Future Weapons

I'm sorry if this is much, but that's how I feel

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 08-09-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

I don't brag, I just put a lot of work into it. I always get called out for using excessive screencaps, and sure, some caps could go, but for instances like the use of the M7 Grenade Launcher, I need more than four images, so I was experimenting with Season categories. I didn't work, but the page is fucking huge, so I'd need lots of time to fix it. I'll redo the format at some point if it's that big of a deal, but I refuse to categorize by firearms class. I hate that form.

Oh, and speaking of bullshit, that's a nice Kimber you got.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I took a lot of time contributing to the site and all you got to attack me with is my Kimber?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I took a lot of time contributing to the site and all you got to attack me with is my Kimber?
Gah, the most terrible fate for a man, to be attacked with his own Kimber.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:24 PM

Jesus guys, calm down. It's just a website.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Apparently it's been up to debate if it is in fact your Kimber.

But whatever, I just don't like being called out. I'm fine with ending it here.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 AM
IMFDB Admin

You know what, I apoligize. I just found that you decided to discuss this to everyone on the forum a bit over the top, and took it badly.

A simple PM would have done, and I hope we can all get past this.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I really don't like the direction this is going at all. I thought we were more mature than this?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

I don't want some bad blood and act all immature. We started this forum so we can exchange ideas like reasonable people with a common interest, not like a bunch of fuckers on youtube through crappy jokes and comments

Old 08-11-2009, 04:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

I agree. Lets end this here.