imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-22-2009, 02:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default MPM's Frankenguns

I feel really bad that I started the whole "frankengun" editing thing which has now caused MPM to stop photographing gun images. I personally apoligize to him and hope he eventually finds taking pictures fun again, because we all apreciate it greatly.

I refrained from uploading a frankengun picture for this exact reason. The Colt 733 picture we have on the site is a mock up built from an M16A1, while a real 733 has an A2 upper. I had built this gun but I figured I'd just show you guys here since I think it'd be a really dick move to upload it now.

Here it is:

Old 03-22-2009, 03:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I feel really bad that I started the whole "frankengun" editing thing which has now caused MPM to stop photographing gun images. I personally apoligize to him and hope he eventually finds taking pictures fun again, because we all apreciate it greatly.

I refrained from uploading a frankengun picture for this exact reason. The Colt 733 picture we have on the site is a mock up built from an M16A1, while a real 733 has an A2 upper. I had built this gun but I figured I'd just show you guys here since I think it'd be a really dick move to upload it now.

Here it is:

Nice Piece as it was tastefully done but both of us stepped on some sensitive toes. Hope he can find a way around this mess and come back. It was not done to purposely hurt him. It's a hard world the wiki-world if you let it consume you and lose focus.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I have a question...How much is this?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-23-2009, 12:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm confused what you mean. I didn't BUY this gun, I just merged MPM's pictures. I'd assume this gun would be in the $1000 dollar price range.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So ths picture I am looking at was photoshop editted?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 03-23-2009, 03:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Exactly. I took MPM's Colt 733 picture (which as he mentioned somewhere was an M16A1 chopped to mimic a 733 for films, since 733s have A2 recievers), so I took his A2 reciever Colt Model 725 and put the 733's barrel on it. Voila! Now, I would have uploaded it but you may or may not know MPM is on hiatus because he's sick of people making "frankengun" pictures on photoshop using his images. So I figured I'd just show you guys so I wouldn't step on any toes. Not a horrible edit right?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 AM

Gunmaster,
I personally do not mind a "Frankengun" if it is of something that we do not have an actual photograph of said configuration and...It's done to a level that one cannot readily tell that it is two or more photographs merged together. Basically I am argueing on the grounds of accuracy of design and Quality of the mergings.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Exactly. I took MPM's Colt 733 picture (which as he mentioned somewhere was an M16A1 chopped to mimic a 733 for films, since 733s have A2 recievers), so I took his A2 reciever Colt Model 725 and put the 733's barrel on it. Voila! Now, I would have uploaded it but you may or may not know MPM is on hiatus because he's sick of people making "frankengun" pictures on photoshop using his images. So I figured I'd just show you guys so I wouldn't step on any toes. Not a horrible edit right?
The 733 like the XM16E1 were done to a high standard. The hard part of all this is once a photo or drawing is on the net there is no control on it. Someone else not associated with IMFDB can take those images and move them someplace else. It happens all the time and will happen all the time. I refrain from put up my blueprints for the same reason but once it is on someone else can use my work. The best that can be hoped for is credit for the base image on these Frankengun and maybe give the okay to a select few to edit them. Threats to IMFDB on losing it's licensing if the photos are misused or edited in anyway is a little much don't you think?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

could you do one with the G36C and merge it with a dual optics carrying handle? I like to see more of this work, but I guess if MPM finds this kind of way insulting to him, then it is just a waste of time since he feels unappreciated because of the fact.