imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 AM

Default Price Check on Ruger 10/22 Carbine.

I still have my Ruger 10/22 Carbine from back when I first started shooting, and I'm going to be moving across the country soon. I don't think I want to pay 90-100 bucks to my FFLs to transfer a .22 I haven't used in ages. I could use the money from a sale to get a new .22, put it towards a new gun or, Browning forbid, something not gun related. Anyhow, give me a sale price that you've seen from a store or a physical sale, avoid MSRPs.

Also, if you're really good, tell me what I can get for for mine. There's very minor finish wear on the charging handle and a small chip in the stock, BUT I have fiber optic sights installed that cost me 45 bucks. I have two Ram Line plastic 30 rounders that work okay too with the factory 10 rounder. Anyhow, factor all that in and get back to me.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'd say $220-250 price range, based on store price for good-excellent condition. With the sights you could push for $275 or mayeb $300 with the mags included.

I had to force my dad to not sell the first gun I ever shot, a Reminton 521 .22 long rifle, I have sentiment when it comes to that sort of thing. I have a couple 10/22s, one is a super race gun with a very powerful scope that can knock the ass off a fly at 100 yards.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 AM

A new Ruger 10/22 cost around $200 and comes with plastic trigger assembly. You're better off keeping it.

Anything FFL transfer above $15 is a rip off. Go to GB and type in your zip code to find the lowest rates.

http://gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 AM

I'm not the one filing for the FLL, remember, my legal guardians do, and they'd rather stick with a trusted business partner, our current gun dealer, than go to a pawn shop in a bad neighborhood where they know no one for 30 bucks off.

Also, I've grown tired of the .22 anyhow. I was thinking about saving up for a new handgun or higher caliber rifle, maybe just a better manual .22 like a lever or something.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 PM

I have given them away as gifts but never sold one.

I have a large gun collection and out off that I only use more or less 3 firearms. The only time I take them out out is to clean them to prevent rust.