imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 AM

Although online multiplayer games have a few people who make it worse for others, I just try not to let them bring down the whole experience. I try not to let 15 year olds punk me around on the game haha.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The P90 has gone through a lot of crap through games and in the real world. People say the ammo doesn't have the stopping power or it isn't as accurate as 9mm. And most just hate the design of the weapon because it's so new and futuristic and of course that the weapon itself is very expensive and the ammo is also very expensive, so it has a lot of bashing.
People don't hate it. It just there is no use for it just like any other PDW or submachineguns. All PDW and submachineguns have been replace by AR15 SBR.

The 5.56 is superior to the 5.7 and pistol calibers.

In real life there is no extra life or respawn. So people in the profession use the best weapons that are available.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What about over penetration? Law enforcement don't take AR-15s into houses to clear them? If there's civilians involved, it's best to take a weapon that fires bullets that wouldn't go through a bad guy and hit the man behind him. Do they make frangibles in 5.56 bullets?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-11-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:58 PM

In testing 5.56 pierces less through a person than standard psitol calibers so they justify that it's safer. It also pierces more stuff if it misses. Im guessing departments have A LOT of faith in their accuracy.

PDWs aren't really a main gun, more a backup. A marksman can't be lugging a Remington PSS and an m4. A p90 is light enough as a backup. Secret Service even conceal them, try that with an m4.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

You could conceal a shorty M4 in plain clothes very easily. Give it a short barrel, collapse the stock and vola. They displayed that concept well in Heat. In Future Weapons, Mack did something like that when he was showing off the PSD and he was wearing a regular jacket.

But PDWs as security weapons are the ideal

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-11-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What about over penetration? Law enforcement don't take AR-15s into houses to clear them? If there's civilians involved, it's best to take a weapon that fires bullets that wouldn't go through a bad guy and hit the man behind him. Do they make frangibles in 5.56 bullets?

Every calibers the US military and LEA use over penetrate the human body.

http://theboxotruth.com/

PDW are primary weapons.

Pistol are secondary weapons, ie your backup if the primary weapon failed.

You can said PDW are security weapons but they are far from ideal. SBR AR15 made them undesirable.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:19 PM

I don't exactly like the AR platform, i find pistol gripped weapons awkward in the first place but then then controls on ARs are over-complex. A submachinegun can be a secondary. And It is WAY easier to conceal, a colt commando type thing may be concelaable with effort and be incredibly awkward, but A p90 is small enough for a backpack or even loose coat. Id take the FN over any AR. Much more compact indoors.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:35 PM

The AR15 rifle has the best ergo. The controls are simple. It has a safety, mag release, and bolt catch that is easy to reach. The charging handle is ambidextrous.

The grip angle and control of the AR15 has been copied by many rifles such as Sig 556, SCAR, Masada, Massoud, etc.

The worst ergo design goes to the AK and G3.

Submachine guns are primary weapons. Secondary weapon are pistols and knives. You can have a rifle and submachine but that doesn't make the submachine gun a secondary weapon. It still considered a primary weapon.

Here the thing about the P90. FN spend 10 years trying to sell it to the Europeans. It failed. So they went to the USA and have some limited success. The FN P90 filled no void. SBR AR15 does everything better and without the awkwardness of changing the magazine of the P90.

You don't conceal PDW or submachine, or any SBR primary weapons. The compactness allows the operator in and out of the vehicle without any hindrance.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:17 AM

AR 15s have to be taken off the shoulder to clear a jam or charging handle whacks your face and the direct impigment system means it craps where it eats. Agreed, AKs suck. I prefer the ruger mini for close range, as a standard rifle stock is much more confortable. My CQB weapon of choice is my 870 express deer.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well if you clean your AR it won't jam as much, a rule all gun owners should follow. If you have to clear a jam in a scurmish, whacking your face is the least of your problems, you're pretty much SOL anyway.

A P90 is a nice gun. Light recoil, good penetration, accurate. But it is ergonomically awkward, and you can't see into the breech, so a brass check is impossible, and clearing a jam is going to be VERY difficult, expecially in combat. Reloading also isn't tactically efficiant, you can't drop and grab like with an AR, which can allow good 2-3 second reloads. You have to pull out a P90 mag so it takes twice as long. The mags are big too, so spare ammo won't be extreme. High ammo capacity is good, but rate of fire is a tad too high. Super short barrel makes it bad for medium ot long range, while AR can handle all much better. I have to say I'm an AR man.

Shotguns are always good choices for close range, but people tend to forget shot pattern doesn't truly spread for 30 or so feet, so a shotgun pattern at close range is as devistating as a slug. I want to get a Mossberg Cruiser as a home defense gun for this reason, my 870 Wingmaster is too big to make turns inside.