imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I don't recall the TV series being broadcast to the same extent, say, Transformers was, but I think they only changed the intro song and the GI Joe logos on the toys themselves (to "Action Force" over the red, white and blue banner...Yeah, it was extremely halfassed), and not the voices in the actual cartoon, where it was still GI Joe.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I think the plot outline is a little broad. Invade where, for what purpose? You have to shoehorn all of this into two hours or less.

I also think that's the first time anyone ever said anything nice about "The World is Not Enough."

I would've gone with a bow and arrow for Zartan. He killed both the Hard Master and Serpentor with a bow and arrow in the comics. (Indeed, check out the picture on his wikpedia page.) Everything else looked fine.
They invade America because they are a terrorist group hellbent on world domination.

I would of given Zartan a compound bow instead of a regular bow.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-14-2011, 02:52 AM

I bought Dragon Age 2 because I felt like I needed a break from playing all the same games over and over again

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I bought Dragon Age 2 because I felt like I needed a break from playing all the same games over and over again
You should have just rented it. It wasn't as a good as Dragon Age Origins in terms of story. Gameplay was good

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-14-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
You should have just rented it. It wasn't as a good as Dragon Age Origins in terms of story. Gameplay was good
I like it, and there isn't anywhere to rent games anyways. I will probably get Dragon Age Origins next time I get some money. I actually saw it and some kind of expansion for it bundled together for only $27

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

So DNF is out, and if reviews are to be believed, it's horrible. But, to steal from Samuel Johnson, it's amazing that it exists at all. With DNF out and Chinese Democracy released a year ago, what's the go to reference when it comes to vaporware?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:07 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
They invade America because they are a terrorist group hellbent on world domination.
Yeah, but I think Cobra is more "take the staff at the UN building hostage and demand something completely stupid" or "build earthquake machine inside volcano and demand something completely stupid" (or "try to use it without even bothering to demand anything," half the time) than conventional invasions. If they've got the manpower to invade the entire United States, EMP or no, how would they ever have kept Cobra Commander locked up to start with?

Quote:
So DNF is out, and if reviews are to be believed, it's horrible. But, to steal from Samuel Johnson, it's amazing that it exists at all. With DNF out and Chinese Democracy released a year ago, what's the go to reference when it comes to vaporware?
Half-Life 2 Episode 3. Or for that matter Half-Life 3.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 06-14-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:23 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
There's more than one way to world domination though. Even in the cartoon, I think Cobra only tried an outright invasion of the US once. I always pictured Cobra trying to control the world's oil supply by propping up their own puppet regimes and destabilizing others with weapons sales to rivals.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Dunno about "horrible", but the consensus from the reviews I've read seems to be that it's (at best) an OK game which needed to be released 10 years ago in order to stay relevant and innovative. One of my undergrad art school friends just got it today, so I'm going to try it at his place and draw my own conclusions.

Also, "DNF" and "Chinese Democracy" may both be released, but I don't think the vaporware reference needs to be retired. Any game or album that takes 10+ years to be released deserves to be associated with the term vaporware, permanently (even if the development time is technically not infinite).
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I believe the classic vapourware games are:

Daikatana (3 years, 1997-2000)
Half-Life 2: Episode 3 (4 years in October, no release date)
Alan Wake (5 years, 2005-2010)
Half-Life 2 (6 years, 1998-2004)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (6 years, 2001-2007)
Dark Sector (8 years, 2000-2008)
Team Fortress 2 (8 years, 1999-2007)
Darkfall (8 years, 2001-2009)
Mother 3 (10 years, 1996-2006)
Prey (11 years, 1995-2006)
Duke Nukem Forever (15 years, 1997-2011)