imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost
Default 2014 NORINCO Small Arms Brochure

Ok, this is why I love Norinco. Clones? Nah:

Old 08-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Old 08-18-2014, 06:36 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

So the SIG-Sauer clone has a decocker AND a manual safety? And I can just see the alarms blaring at H&K's legal department, with their lawyers sliding down poles and rushing to file lawsuits.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

They cloned the Cornershot?!

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
And I can just see the alarms blaring at H&K's legal department, with their lawyers sliding down poles and rushing to file lawsuits.
They have been making those MP5 clones for years and HK didnt say anything. Btw, Norinco has been selling a lot of those weapons and vehicles to third world countries.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
They have been making those MP5 clones for years and HK didnt say anything. Btw, Norinco has been selling a lot of those weapons and vehicles to third world countries.
Did a bit a research, and they are unlicensed.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ese-mp5-clone/

According to the comments though, the patent on the MP5 has already expired, but that didn't stop H&K from suing ATI over the GSG-5. (That was over trade dress though, but wouldn't it all blend together after a while?)

Last edited by funkychinaman; 08-18-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did a bit a research, and they are unlicensed.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ese-mp5-clone/

According to the comments though, the patent on the MP5 has already expired, but that didn't stop H&K from suing ATI over the GSG-5. (That was over trade dress though, but wouldn't it all blend together after a while?)
HK sued the importer in the USA, but the GSG-5 (now GSG-522) is still made: http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php/de/522-tech-de

Steve was right with this:

Quote:
Is H&K going to sue the Chinese Government, who own Norinco, like they recently sued an American importer? Not a chance. China seems to find a new way to breach the WTO regulation each month and this is the least of their offenses. Unless the German government is willing to make this into a major diplomatic incident, Norinco is untouchable.

Last edited by Markost; 08-18-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:01 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Can you not sue government-owned businesses, because that didn't stop Mauser from suing (and winning) a case against government-owned Springfield Armory over the M1903. Or is it because everyone is bending over backwards for the Red Chinese?

And is the MP5 still even protected?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or is it because everyone is bending over backwards for the Red Chinese?
^This

Quote:
Trade
Germany is China's biggest trading partner and technology exporter in Europe, and the amount of German investment in China ranks second among European countries, after the United Kingdom.

China is Germany's second largest trading partner outside of the European Union, after the United States.

The trade volume between China and Germany surpassed 100 billion U.S. dollars in 2008. By 2014 German Chancellor Angela Merkel had visited China on trade missions seven times since assuming office in 2005, underlining the importance of China to the German economy.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I see that they are now calling the Type 84 the "Type 06"...when did that happen? (Not that it matters; there were a bunch of importers in the 1980s who called it the "Type 56-1S", so IMFDB will continue to call it the Type 84 for the sake of simplicity. And everyone on the Internet tends to adopt our norms when it comes to naming weapons. )

Also didn't know that they had started making an M16A4 clone within the CQ line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
Is H&K going to sue the Chinese Government, who own Norinco, like they recently sued an American importer? Not a chance. China seems to find a new way to breach the WTO regulation each month and this is the least of their offenses. Unless the German government is willing to make this into a major diplomatic incident, Norinco is untouchable.

Germany is China's biggest trading partner and technology exporter in Europe, and the amount of German investment in China ranks second among European countries, after the United Kingdom.
Quote:
Can you not sue government-owned businesses, because that didn't stop Mauser from suing (and winning) a case against government-owned Springfield Armory over the M1903. Or is it because everyone is bending over backwards for the Red Chinese?
Considering the number of major German companies (particularly automobile manufacturers) with significant investments in the PRC, I imagine that the response H&K would receive from the German government would be either (a.) no response, or (b.) "shut up and deal". If you want to get a sense of how the German government feels about the financial well-being of German arms manufacturers, read this and you'll see why complaining would be futile.

I doubt H&K would try to sue Norinco regardless. The difference between GSG and Norinco making MP5 clones is that GSG was competition in a marketplace that H&K valued. Whereas the countries most likely to buy MP5s from China are the same countries who would buy them from the Iranians or Pakistanis (in other words, rogue states or countries that are too poor to pay H&K's asking price). H&K's lawyers undoubtedly have better things to do with their time than fight for sales territory where they were never competitive in the first place.

Last edited by MT2008; 08-18-2014 at 10:17 PM.