imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
This isn't a ridiculous gun story, but it's a mention because it involves talking about a gun.

I was working at a Chinese place once and answered the phone. This guy who sounds black and on top of that, sounds like he's trying and I say trying to talk gangsta to me. First it sounded ok but then he asked for a dog. Of course, I didn't understand and he ask do we cook dogs? So I replied and said that we're Chinese, Chinese people don't eat dogs, those are Koreans. We seemed to just be joking, but then this guy seriously wants us to cook a dog for him. He also mentioned that he's got a dog fresh for us to do it. At that point, it was getting weird and I was thinking if I was getting set up for some prank, but I rolled with it, repeating that we don't do that, and I'm not going to kill a dog. He went on saying he'll do it.

Now here's the part that got interesting. I refused and told him look somewhere else and he said if I don't do this, he'll have to come over here with "some of my boys" and mentioned he had a double barrel shotgun and start something with me. I'm pretty sure what I said next might have been stupid, but I encouraged him somewhat and calling his bullshit. I turned to the 4 cops that were just starting to have their dinner and I wasn't really worried. Police stop by on a daily basis for fried rice and egg rolls all the time. There corner I work at always has a cop car sitting there and watching for speeders and this guy obviously hasn't been to my restaurant before if he's trying to threaten me, but really, I just think he's fucking with me.

I talked to the cops, who were regulars, about this and mentioned it might be just a prank call and I would have let it go but when some guy say he'll come over with his buddies with a shotgun, I take that as a threat.

Luckily the situation didn't turn bad, and the cops didn't really do anything but report it and requested the ones patrolling the area to be on the look out.

My buddy told me to make a full report of this and get the cops to trace the number, because my caller ID couldn't get this guy's number, otherwise, I would have told the cops the asshole's number

So yeah, this is my story. I might not carry a gun with me, but at any given time, there's a cop stopping by for Chinese and he has a gun.
I would have liked to see the look on that guy's face when he walked in with that shotgun and saw all the cops.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I would have liked to see the look on that guy's face when he walked in with that shotgun and saw all the cops.
I'd quote Robocop 3 and say "How does it feel to be a rocket scientist?"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-12-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
here's one from a guy who was Marine intelligence. "The reason the US Military switched over to the M9 was the fact that the Colt frames cept cracking and Colt never could figure out how to fix them."

Personally he's an ok guy to hang out with but he has some serious "I was in intelligence and I know everything." issues.

Now if he had been talking about how Beretta frames had been cracking and hitting people in the face then He would have been talking about something that is a known fact.
The thing about that is, the frames weren't cracking - the slides were. I believe the reason was a combination of some metallurgical issues with a particular run of guns that were given to the SEALs (who experienced the majority of the reported problems) and the ammunition used by the SEALs, which was a good deal hotter than anything else in existence aside from handloads.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:48 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

When I used to hang out on airsoft message boards, I heard many gun stories that smelled like BS. These stores weren't necessarily "ridiculous" individually, but collectively, what struck me as ridiculous was the absurdly high number of (mostly) teenage boys who claimed to have fired weapons that most gun owners can never hope to go near in their lives. Everyone on a typical airsoft message board has fired full-auto M4s and H&Ks, yet almost nobody's ever heard of (let alone shot) a Ruger 10/22.

In general, I find that when airsofters talk about real guns, they sound like virgins talking about sex.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
The thing about that is, the frames weren't cracking - the slides were. I believe the reason was a combination of some metallurgical issues with a particular run of guns that were given to the SEALs (who experienced the majority of the reported problems) and the ammunition used by the SEALs, which was a good deal hotter than anything else in existence aside from handloads.
Are you sure? I had always heard the frames would crack, causing the slides to fly back at the shooter. Since the frames are alloy and the slides are steel, this also makes more sense.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Are you sure? I had always heard the frames would crack, causing the slides to fly back at the shooter. Since the frames are alloy and the slides are steel, this also makes more sense.
It's the slides that would crack, the 92FS has a slide retention device (not sure what the actual name is) on the frame. That's really the only difference the F and FS. The weak point on them is at the locking block area. The Beretta Brigadier is more beefed up in that area.

But it would seem more logical that it would be the frame, it being made of alloy instead of the steel slide.

Last edited by predator20; 08-12-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
When I used to hang out on airsoft message boards, I heard many gun stories that smelled like BS. These stores weren't necessarily "ridiculous" individually, but collectively, what struck me as ridiculous was the absurdly high number of (mostly) teenage boys who claimed to have fired weapons that most gun owners can never hope to go near in their lives. Everyone on a typical airsoft message board has fired full-auto M4s and H&Ks, yet almost nobody's ever heard of (let alone shot) a Ruger 10/22.

In general, I find that when airsofters talk about real guns, they sound like virgins talking about sex.
That is a damned good analogy, and hits the nail right on the head.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 AM

It was indeed the slides that were cracking, around the locking lug area. They have to cut out the slides on the inside so the locking mechanism will work (which is in turn what makes the guns so bulky and top heavy). The DOD had a few examples that broke and caused the rear of the slide to fly off, though these were mostly French made slides which had poor metallurgy, and Beretta pistols made in the USA rather than Italy where the standards were different. Thus bore the 92FS, which is EXACTLY the same as the 92F, but the hammer pin is oversized on the right side, and a cut is made into the slide. This is the "slide retention device" that predator20 mentioned, just a bigger hammer pin and a cut. He's also right about the Brigadiers, they are just 92s with heavier, beefed up slides. Frames cracking is a myth and nothing else. I and no one else I've talked to has made reference to or talked about frames cracking. The slide deal is more common knowledge, though.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
so man I was liek giving it to this girl right? and when Im erect its like 19 inches long rite? So I'm just givin it to her so hard the floor cracks under my weight and we fell onto this woman in the room below, and she totly joined in man.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
so man I was liek giving it to this girl right? and when Im erect its like 19 inches long rite?
i hate it when people ask me about something they ''know'' the answer to.
if you dont know, dont fucking ask....but i get the point, its not really you...its a teenage virgin