imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 AM

Default Fn scar 16s

Today a friend of mine showed me his new toy, a FN SCAR 16S.

The Good: It shoulders comfortably and it handles well.

The Bad: Haven't had a chance to range test it yet.

The Ugly: It's finiky about what magazines you shove in the well. Several magazines that the Kel tech fits perfectly do not engage the magazine catch on the SCAR. This means that when you shove one of several types of magazines into the well( Orlite, Tapco, some sheetmetal magazines) they just drop out. This isn't good especially for a weapon that costs boocoup bucks like a SCAR.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Get some magpul P-Mags

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM

Sturmwerghre had a video on how you have to modify pmags for a scar since they will damage the gun in stock form, he owns 2 of them. his shooting re view showed sub moa with standard ammo.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Sturmwerghre had a video on how you have to modify pmags for a scar since they will damage the gun in stock form, he owns 2 of them. his shooting re view showed sub moa with standard ammo.
i saw that, excellent.
yeah, that sucks that they only take what mags they want to. kind of puts an ugly blemish on a great expensive gun.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
i saw that, excellent.
yeah, that sucks that they only take what mags they want to. kind of puts an ugly blemish on a great expensive gun.
All I can say is...that's info that I'd be really glad to have before I dropped $2K+ on a new rifle.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 PM

You're telling me. It's not my rifle but it hurts to think that a rifle that is supost to have a STANAG magazine well does not take STANAG compatable magazines. Something is really wrong with that.

The reason my friend got the SCAR is the fact that he ordered a DPMD with all the trimmings and after six months of delays got a call telling him that he had another six months of waiting comming. So he cancled the order and bought the SCAR because the local gunshop had one in and it had the features that he wanted and then some.

Personally if I was him I would have sent the M1A in to the shop to get it turned into a MK14 clone.