imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-04-2012, 02:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Poor/Stupid gun handling stories

What are some stories of "you have to see it to believe it" situations involving a gun.

Like some stories where a guy bought a gun and loaded all his rounds in the magazine backwards and didn't know what was wrong.

A lady I heard about bought a revolver and didn't realize that she needed to pull the trigger to fire it.

Someone has a stove pipe on their gun and doesn't see the large hunk of metal sticking out, walks back to the front desk for help with the gun still in hand pointing at people and she worked the trigger in front of the guy with the stove pipe still there.

A minor story I experienced was someone took his new revolver to the range and didn't clean out the factory grease first before shooting it.

So, what are your "dumb" stories involving guns that you've heard or witnessed first hand?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 AM
IMFDB Admin

Been watching Iraqveteran8888 gun gripe vids huh?

The only one I have was told by the owner of the local gun shop. I was handing him back a few pistols that he had took out for me. I mentioned something about not wanting to muzzle sweep him even though they were unloaded.

He said the day before a guy came in wanting to trade his Springfield XD. The guy takes it out of the case and has pointing directing at Mark (the owner) Mark's dodging out of the way, the guy said what are you doing it's not loaded. Mark got the gun from him and it was loaded! Mark told to get the fuck out of his store and he had no business being a gun owner.

Coincidentally after that conversation. Mark handed me his Kimber that he carries (it was loaded of course).
Old 05-04-2012, 04:29 AM

Once I was at my local range back in Florida, I believe it was right after I got my Model 19 and I took it to shoot, these 3 douchebag looking guys were in the lane next to me and I guess one of them had just gotten a new SIG. They finished up and got ready to leave around the same time I did, but instead of sweeping casings up like the range advises patrons to do, they were taking pictures of themselves looking cool with the gun, but more importantly, they were pointing it at eachother. I wish they'd been caught on the camera feed.

The other one I can remember (not sure if I told it or not) was when I was with my buddy at the range outside city limits and we were sighting in his Remington 700 at 100 yards. Some fudds show up and park their vehicle down range maybe 40 yards from where we were shooting, off to our right side. We told them we were shooting in that direction, and all the bumpkin said was "you got a scope, I trust you", and proceeded to set up. In our line of fire. Worse yet, he and his friend were shooting AKs at oatmeal boxes at this 40 yard distance. And missing. And checked for hits with binoculars. At 40 yards. At a semi-reactive target.

My friend was complaining about shoulder soreness from the rifle. Me, my palm got sore from all the contact it made with my face.

Also predator20 pointing out Excalibur being transparent as usual made me lol
Old 05-05-2012, 02:41 PM

If you want poor gun handling, look no further than this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cokeman2423/videos
Old 05-05-2012, 03:59 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Like some stories where a guy bought a gun and loaded all his rounds in the magazine backwards and didn't know what was wrong.
But the HK ads say that's what you're supposed to do. You're not an operator, you wouldn't understand.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM

I had a older lady come into the store shopping for a rifle scope with a lighted reticle...she said she "really needed one for hunting because she is legally blind and cant see regular crosshairs"....i havent been hunting on opening day since.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:57 AM

Well I see this is an old thread but I have one.
I was at the local outdoor range with my dad, brother, and a family friend. All of us were shooting like normal people and observing gun safety, but this group of Asian guys down from us were not. Now, I had seen these guys get out of their car earlier, and they were carrying multiple handguns, uncased, swing the muzzles in every which direction and with their fingers on the triggers at that. I knew right away that these guys would be trouble, and they just kind of disappeared for a while. They showed up again later (down from us on the right like I said earlier) and they started shooting. Well, they tried to at least. One guy has a Smith autoloader of some type, and he's trying to shoot it and nothing's happening. I can clearly see that the safety's engaged from like 15 yards away. Every time he pulls the trigger, he flinches like crazy and looks questioningly at the gun while waving it around everywhere. Then he ejects a round from the chamber and tries again. This goes on for a while until one of his equally unsafe pals realizes what's wrong, fixes it, and goes back to waving his gun around and repeatedly shooting the ground (). These guys were really dumb and everyone was looking at them, obviously frightened. I just wish a range officer had showed up and bitched them out...
Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelTomb View Post
Well I see this is an old thread but I have one.
I was at the local outdoor range with my dad, brother, and a family friend. All of us were shooting like normal people and observing gun safety, but this group of Asian guys down from us were not. Now, I had seen these guys get out of their car earlier, and they were carrying multiple handguns, uncased, swing the muzzles in every which direction and with their fingers on the triggers at that. I knew right away that these guys would be trouble, and they just kind of disappeared for a while. They showed up again later (down from us on the right like I said earlier) and they started shooting. Well, they tried to at least. One guy has a Smith autoloader of some type, and he's trying to shoot it and nothing's happening. I can clearly see that the safety's engaged from like 15 yards away. Every time he pulls the trigger, he flinches like crazy and looks questioningly at the gun while waving it around everywhere. Then he ejects a round from the chamber and tries again. This goes on for a while until one of his equally unsafe pals realizes what's wrong, fixes it, and goes back to waving his gun around and repeatedly shooting the ground (). These guys were really dumb and everyone was looking at them, obviously frightened. I just wish a range officer had showed up and bitched them out...
Did you have to point out they were Asians? Then again, I point out when black people are being dumbasses at the range

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-13-2012, 05:13 AM

The SFPD seems to have a severe issue with ADs. Does that count?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-14-2012, 02:11 AM

Lol no I realized right after I posted that that I might have come off a bit insensitive. I don't have anything against Asians, but I don't often see any Asian folks shooting anywhere so it kind of stuck out in my mind. Sorry if I offended anyone...