imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
After the "Hat Trick" mission (a reproduction of the Richard Phillips rescue), I'm a little disappointed MoH: Warfighter didn't have one reproducing the bin Laden take down.
Aside from not being able to shoot Osama, I like like Warfighter. The graphics is a whole lot better than MoH and the story feels a lot more intense than BF3.

One of my problems with the game is the breaching moments. In real life, you take on your sector of the room and trust your buddies take out their sector. In the game, it expects you and you ALONE to take out the whole room. There could be 4 guys in all directions and orientations and you are expected to take them all off and you start from the center of the room. On the harder difficulties, this is annoying impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I liked it, too, but seriously wish Ben Affleck would stop casting himself as the lead in his own movies.
Especially roles that isn't a white guy. Mendez is not while.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-26-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Looking up Branagh's filmography also revealed that they're doing another Jack Ryan film, with Chris Pine in the lead role. Chris Pine? He's supposed to play a Naval Academy lecturer and CIA analyst? I also saw they're finally getting around to doing Without Remorse, which I think has been kicked around for over a decade.
I've given up on ever seeing a Tom Clancy movie done well on screen. Harrison Ford would have been perfect for Jack Ryan for ever, even though I though Liev Schrieber was a passable John Clark, and had they not "rebooted" the series, would have played well as the young John Kelly.

Without Remorse is my favorite of the Clancy books.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I've given up on ever seeing a Tom Clancy movie done well on screen. Harrison Ford would have been perfect for Jack Ryan for ever, even though I though Liev Schrieber was a passable John Clark, and had they not "rebooted" the series, would have played well as the young John Kelly.

Without Remorse is my favorite of the Clancy books.
I'm torn between Without Remorse and Red Storm Rising. I remember them talking about making a Without Remorse film back in the nineties. I don't know why this is so hard. I'd be fine with them copping out and just making it a stand-alone film.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:07 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.eonline.com/news/357511/c...egend-of-conan

Arnold hitting the gym and getting back into Conan shape should be half the story right there. It'd make a great documentary.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
http://www.eonline.com/news/357511/c...egend-of-conan

Arnold hitting the gym and getting back into Conan shape should be half the story right there. It'd make a great documentary.
Last year's Conan reboot was not that bad and, as big a fan I am of the original Conan the Barbarian film (and the Conan franchise as a whole), Momoa was far better in the title role than Arnold.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 10-26-2012, 06:10 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Last year's Conan reboot was not that bad and, as big a fan I am of the original Conan the Barbarian film (and the Conan franchise as a whole), Momoa was far better in the title role than Arnold.
But I can understand WHY they'd ignore a remake, but why ignore Conan the Destroyer? It's not like anything of consequence actually happened. Did they just want an excuse just in case Grace Jones called?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I'm torn between Without Remorse and Red Storm Rising. I remember them talking about making a Without Remorse film back in the nineties. I don't know why this is so hard. I'd be fine with them copping out and just making it a stand-alone film.

Yes, and it needs to be a stand alone film since the Jack Ryan continuity is shot to hell.

John Kelly just doesn't work unless he's a 'Nam era SEAL.

For crying out loud, the man makes John Plaster get a hard on.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

George Lucas has sold his soul, kind of literally. He has sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $4.05 billion, and they will be making Episodes 7, 8, and 9 to start being released in 2015, then every two years. I fear that the entire expanded universe is about to be totally flushed down the toilet... Or they could make movies about the Thrawn trilogy which would be great, but no way this would happen.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

They want to set the story 30 years later, which means they are bringing back some of the old actors. It could be possible that they might not even use the EU as a source.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-31-2012, 03:18 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Keep in mind, when Lucas announced that he was making another trilogy of Star Wars films fifteen years ago, people were actually excited. Now, people are filled with dread.