imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Tucked in there is the fact that the Rock's two favorites are Black Adam and Green Lantern. I'd be okay with him as John Stewart.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rock-...zam-66835.html
Old 08-19-2014, 04:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Tucked in there is the fact that the Rock's two favorites are Black Adam and Green Lantern. I'd be okay with him as John Stewart.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rock-...zam-66835.html
I seem to remember that there was official word a while ago that they weren't going for the John Stewart GL. I can also understand why they wouldn't go for the Rock as GL, as he would be physically more imposing than both Superman and Batman which is wrong. Personality wise, I think he would actually make a good Shazam, but he is probably a better look for Black Adam. I don't really mind them messing with the race a bit though, there is nothing about him in particular that lends him to being any particular race. Also, if they were to cast him as Black Adam this would probably be a one and done deal which I think would be a waste for somebody has as big an audience as the Rock does.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I seem to remember that there was official word a while ago that they weren't going for the John Stewart GL. I can also understand why they wouldn't go for the Rock as GL, as he would be physically more imposing than both Superman and Batman which is wrong. Personality wise, I think he would actually make a good Shazam, but he is probably a better look for Black Adam. I don't really mind them messing with the race a bit though, there is nothing about him in particular that lends him to being any particular race. Also, if they were to cast him as Black Adam this would probably be a one and done deal which I think would be a waste for somebody has as big an audience as the Rock does.
Well, they're already going to have an Aquaman (AQUAMAN!) who's going to be more physically intimidating than Superman or Batman, so why not?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Well, they're already going to have an Aquaman (AQUAMAN!) who's going to be more physically intimidating than Superman or Batman, so why not?
Aquaman should be built, he is super strong and tough in his own right. GL relies on a ring for his power and doesn't necessarily have any physical strength of his own (I'm surprised they have never gone for somebody with a physical handicap of some sort as a GL, all they need is will power and these people can definitely have that). Hal Jordan is a pilot, Guy Gardner is a teacher, Kyle Rayner is an artist, and John Stewart is an Architect, so none of them are exactly body builders by trade.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Aquaman should be built, he is super strong and tough in his own right. GL relies on a ring for his power and doesn't necessarily have any physical strength of his own (I'm surprised they have never gone for somebody with a physical handicap of some sort as a GL, all they need is will power and these people can definitely have that). Hal Jordan is a pilot, Guy Gardner is a teacher, Kyle Rayner is an artist, and John Stewart is an Architect, so none of them are exactly body builders by trade.
Because "physical handicap" is Oracle's schtick.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:22 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
Because "physical handicap" is Oracle's schtick.
At least it was...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

They make some good points here, although the domestic/foreign pipeline only seems to flow one way. No one in Red China is thinking, "Transformers is nice, but I wish it starred a Chinese cast who spoke Chinese. Let's remake it!"

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/h...ned-hollywood/
Old 08-20-2014, 07:12 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I think there's more tank action in this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9gmmK1fgnE
Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I wanted to go to google images and see how John Stewart is depicted in the comics (I don't really read the GL books,) and half of the images that came up involve The Rock. So I guess I'm not the only one who's had the idea.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I wanted to go to google images and see how John Stewart is depicted in the comics (I don't really read the GL books,) and half of the images that came up involve The Rock. So I guess I'm not the only one who's had the idea.
Another guy who ops up a lot on an image search is Idris Elba, who personally I think is a better match. TBH, he does tend to be drawn as pretty massive in the books (depending on who the artist is), but this is more due to the fact that pretty much every male superhero is drawn with the same body. If you had somebody like The Rock playing him, it would be bizarre seeing a guy that size working his day job as an architect unless they write in that he is a body builder over the weekends.