imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Technically they've been saying that the Craig movies "reboot" the franchise because it has none of the traits of the previous Bond films.

I really wish they would have incorporated the Bond as a codename theory into this. A little bit of rewrite and maybe even throw in an actor that was a previous Bond and this would have been interesting. The Skyfall scene where we meet this old man, I seriously think that could have been Connery because of the focus on him, like we are supposed to know the guy, like this would have been a James Bond reunion.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-18-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
What hurts my brain is the amount, like it must be in the six to seven figure range, of money 007 throws away when he loses/disregards/tosses his Walther gun of choice.
He's one of the best spies in the world so if MI6 really wants to keep him they'll pay for/replace whatever he wants (but that's just my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I wouldn't have been blown away if it had been true, but it's got no legs now.
Not to fanfic writers it isn't.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ice View Post
He's one of the best spies in the world so if MI6 really wants to keep him they'll pay for/replace whatever he wants (but that's just my opinion).
Well if you are a spy, what you got is what you got. You aren't paid to worry about keeping your one gun, if you lose it, you lose it or if you have to ditch it, you didn't have a choice or Bond just doesn't give a shit like the actors when they toss a real gun into the lake for the sake of the scene

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Technically they've been saying that the Craig movies "reboot" the franchise because it has none of the traits of the previous Bond films.

I really wish they would have incorporated the Bond as a codename theory into this. A little bit of rewrite and maybe even throw in an actor that was a previous Bond and this would have been interesting. The Skyfall scene where we meet this old man, I seriously think that could have been Connery because of the focus on him, like we are supposed to know the guy, like this would have been a James Bond reunion.
I read about how they wanted Connery for a scene, but they realized that it would've been distracting. It's pretty much the same reason why they wrote him out of Indiana Jones 4.

If they had mentioned his dead wife, that would've sealed it.

Edit: So apparently they wanted Connery for Kincade. And they were right, watching two Bonds fight side by side would've been distracting.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 11-18-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I really wish they would have incorporated the Bond as a codename theory into this.
The main problem with that is that three Bonds have had the same dead wife (died for Lazenby, mentioned in Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, and IIRC it was mentioned in one of the Connery movies too). And given that Felix Leiter turned out to not be a codename (even though Felix was a different actor in every movie and in Live and Let Die he was black) it would be rather silly saying James Bond was.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
The main problem with that is that three Bonds have had the same dead wife (died for Lazenby, mentioned in Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, and IIRC it was mentioned in one of the Connery movies too). And given that Felix Leiter turned out to not be a codename (even though Felix was a different actor in every movie and in Live and Let Die he was black) it would be rather silly saying James Bond was.
I forgot about Felix Leiter. The only Connery Bond movie that could've mentioned Tracy was Diamonds Are Forever, and it was the reason why he was on that rampage in the teaser.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Also, the books established that his parents were called Monique Delacroix and Andrew Bond. Although you could make the argument that this was the first James Bond, and all others were named after him.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post

Edit: So apparently they wanted Connery for Kincade. And they were right, watching two Bonds fight side by side would've been distracting.
More awesome really. The Aston Martin driving scene while playing the classic Bond theme wasn't distracting enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
Also, the books established that his parents were called Monique Delacroix and Andrew Bond. Although you could make the argument that this was the first James Bond, and all others were named after him.
And this movie also established that the parents of this Bond is also with the last name Bond.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 PM

I saw Red Dawn. All I have to say is the original is much better.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:29 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe2010 View Post
I saw Red Dawn. All I have to say is the original is much better.
Need to even say that much? I'll watch it just to see Thor play a Marine. "This is my hammer. There are none like it and this one is mine"