imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I might go see this, but I didn't really like "300" that much.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

I didn't like 300 too much either, but I found this movie much better.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

I enjoyed the movie it was entertaining. Opening night was not as crazy as I thought it was.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post
I enjoyed the movie it was entertaining. Opening night was not as crazy as I thought it was.
People in my office were saying the same thing. This movie's been almost drowning in hype, so everyone seemed to expect it would be pretty hard to get into. Then I start hearing how the theaters were actually only about 75% full even on Friday/Saturday.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Hello gentlemen. This is my first post on the forums. You may remember me as that goofball who made that godawful Deus Ex page.

Pleasantries aside, I loved this movie. Brilliant editing, perfect sound.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 AM
vnvnvn2000

I haven't read Watchmen yet (I've been meaning to but haven't been able to buy a copy) but I'm going to pick up a copy next week. I like Alan Moore's works, they're very interesting.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 PM

I saw it a few weeks back. It was kind of disappointing to me, though I can't really put my finger on why. The only interesting characters were Rorschach and the Comedian, the rest (Silk Specter included) just seemed bland and I couldn't really connect with them.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-17-2009, 03:32 AM

I had never read a graphic novel before but after seeing Watchmen I went out and bought the novel and finished it in a couple days I thought it was great (and I even went into the movie not expecting much).
Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 AM

Smile

I saw it completely blind, having not read the graphic novel (although I have many others), not watched any trailers (I never watch trailers), and deliberately knowing absolutely nothing about it. This is pretty much how I try and approach all the movies I see.

And.... I really, really enjoyed it. I think knowing nothing whatsoever in advance meant I could treat it much more as a film in its own right, and while I appreciate there's stacks of backstory and detail that I've still to see (which means I have the joy of reading the GN now having seen the film) I nevertheless fully enjoyed the movie.

Primarily I liked it because it so strongly defied so many comic-book conventions, the usual roles of bad guys and good guys, happy endings, crises always averted, reasons and rationale, all of it got completely turned upside-down in the film and I found it very refreshing. I look forward to watching it again on DVD and reading the graphic novel to complete the experience.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I saw one of those concept art and behind the scene kind of books for the movie and I saw a bigger view of the Comedian's closet full of guns

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”