imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 AM

Question The Unknown Gun Thread

Hi guys I hope you can help me Identify some guns I've found on the Internet. So if you can ID a picture or if you have your own Unknown Gun that you'd like help identifying please post it here
Lee Enfield MKI Skeleton gun.jpg

Gun5.jpg

1254520612_gun_43.jpg

beltfed-1.jpg

155483.jpg
Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 AM

The last one is a Thunder 5 revolver.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 AM

Thanks Spartan, I know posting this thread would be helpful
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 AM

The first one is exactly what the image says it is, a Lee Enfield MKI Skeleton, meaning it's a Lee Enfield rifle that's been cut so you can see how it functions. They do this with many guns like Glocks and stuff so people can see the internals.

The second is a short barreled American-180 submachine gun.

The third looks like it's just arod with a spring on it. From the ammunition it fires and it's not-gun looking design I figure it's one of the "also, it's a gun" devices from the early 1900s. I can't tell you a name.

The fourth one is a 1911 modified to take disintegrating link belts a.k.a the belt fed 1911. It was built on a Springfield Armory 1911. Website: http://www.shottist.com/beltfed.html
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 AM

Thanks Yournamehere this very productive but I do have a stupid question about the first one, Is The Enfield still fireable in its skeleton condition? also here's some fresh pics
BRUTUS_full_set.jpg

Thunder.jpg

cop-tech-gun.jpg

electric_glove_stun_gun.jpg

IMAGE_00001.jpg
I think the last one might be a sawed off shot gun or a Howdah Hunter pistol but I'm not sure

Last edited by Mad Man 2.0; 01-12-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 AM

The Lee-Enfields are skeletonised No.4 Mk.I rifles, and they are not firable as the chamber has been cut away.

#3 is a paintball gun, #4 is pretty much self-explanatory.

The last one is a sawed-off shotgun, not a Howdah pistol.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:59 PM

Actually #3 is the Pepperball TAC-700 here's a better picturePepperball TAC-700.jpg
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 AM

The big honkin' pistol in the second photo is a prototype pistol, the .50 BMG Thunder. Some info here: http://airbornecombatengineer.typepa...n_the_50_.html

David.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:35 AM

I would have thought that the Paintball gun was actually a Tippmann A-5. Based on the Hopper, Cyclone Feed system, Front sights, Rear sights, thingy you push to spin the balls around, and the gas regulator. It also seems the cops spent the little extra and got that weird attachment that puts the tank in the front. Why is it called something else? Also they should replace the buttplate. Those things have had a product recall because they'll explode after little while.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel View Post
The big honkin' pistol in the second photo is a prototype pistol, the .50 BMG Thunder. Some info here: http://airbornecombatengineer.typepa...n_the_50_.html

David.
I suppose the only mystery left is who made it? And thanks for the link, I didn't know it was single shot or 50 BMG, this helps me greatly in classifying it in my photo gallery of weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
I would have thought that the Paintball gun was actually a Tippmann A-5. Based on the Hopper, Cyclone Feed system, Front sights, Rear sights, thingy you push to spin the balls around, and the gas regulator. It also seems the cops spent the little extra and got that weird attachment that puts the tank in the front. Why is it called something else? Also they should replace the buttplate. Those things have had a product recall because they'll explode after little while.
Never heard of the Tippmann A-5(but then again I never heard of the TAC-700 until yesterday), nevertheless I'm pretty sure it's the TAC-700 I'll post a link to the manufactures web site in a second.http://www.pepperball.com

Last edited by Mad Man 2.0; 01-13-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Tags
fail, guns, help!, noob, unknown